Re: LG G2 - Will not BLOCK any phone numbers? This is unacceptable.
Klue
Master - Level 1

SBDverizon just wondering, after you do a factory reset, do you download anything other than contact list and setting the time and date.  If you haven't tried this, don't do any configuring to your phone and see how long it lasts until you start loosing functionality.

0 Likes
SDBverizon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Klue, I have not performed the reset as you have described and was not

previously told to try it that way. I'm happy to give it a try, though in

my past several resets, everything (apps, etc.) automatically starts

downloading back to the device after I log in with my Gmail account. I'll

give it a go, though this is clearly a lot of trouble and shouldn't even be

an issue. I know I'm not the only person dealing with this inconvenience.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

SBDverizon If I was in your shoes with a nagging communications problem that won't go away (making/receiving phone calls, and texting I would back up all my personnal data and do a factory data reset and not download anything from my google account, cloud or SD card until I find out that the problems I was having are no longer there. Just set the correct date and time.

With a fresh factory phone make sure all the features on your phone work, make your phone calls manually and do your texting manually for a couple of days to see if the problems your were having come back. You should be able to get along without the stuff you backed up for awhile. If you haven't tried a new SIM card do it also.

If the problems don't come back start setting up your phone a little at a time.  If you do it all at once your might be just putting back the problems.

Make sure you reload any apps from the store, not the backup.

Good Luck

0 Likes
pzjagd1
Contributor - Level 3

I use an app called NQ call blocker. There is a paid version, but I just use the free one. It works great, you can import numbers from your "recent call" log or input them manually.

0 Likes
SDBverizon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you again. I did the reset EXACTLY as you instructed a couple of days

ago and things seemed to be in the clear...until about an hour ago. After

only 2 days, I am not able to receive or send MMS (images) via text (not

with the LG factory text app or the Verizon app).

I will be going back to my local Verizon store for a replacement device.

Thanks again for all your help and advice.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You may want to do a search on this forum about MMS issues with the LG G2; seems you aren't alone.  Some have reported that it's a known issue with a possible update coming, but I don't know if that's true or not.  Users are reporting success using the text app Textra.

0 Likes
Jimmyz74
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is no native MMS app fix that works permanently.  I've tried every possible piece of advice mentioned.  Nothing but changing to the Textra app in the play store works.  For now....

0 Likes
dh0317
Enthusiast - Level 1

>> Duplicate post removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service   See Cannot block number/texts any longer <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes