LG G2 Weather Animation
Brian300835
Enthusiast - Level 3

I took the 5.0.2 Lollipop update yesterday on my LG G2. Since then, the weather animation no longer shows on the lock screen. I can go into settings >> display >> lock screen and try to enable it. Enter location, and the box for it never checks. I have wiped out the location from Accuweather, re-added and still the box to show that never checks.

Anyone else having this issue? If you fixed it, how did you do it?

Labels (1)
Re: LG G2 Weather Animation
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
BrianLG_G2, we'd be just confused over the missing animations too. Appreciate all you've done to get it working. I apologize for asking this, but have you tried restarting your phone? Just in case, worst case scenario, I would recommend backing everything up, and performing a master reset. This can help clear up issues with the update.

http://vz.to/1onZdpF

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Brian300835
Enthusiast - Level 3

Phone has been restarted. I want to avoid a factory reset as the last time I did that...I lost nearly 40 levels in a game that I play. It is not a big deal that I don't have them. Just thought it was odd that they were not there and I cannot get the animation to enable, no matter what.

0 Likes
all4jarrett

It will only show rain or snow now. It says that if you read it in setting

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Lots of little changes you will come to find out.

0 Likes
Brian300835
Enthusiast - Level 3

The animation box won't even allow a checkmark in it for it to show. If you read the first post I explained this.

0 Likes
ssparsons

Hi. I'm having same problem, and I have done a factory reset. Weather animations still do not work. Same as you Brian, the checkmark box won't stay after inputting city. It's not a big deal, but hey, I liked it when it did work on KitKat.

0 Likes
GingerBeard

I also have recently updated to 5.0.2 with a factory reset. I can confirm the behavior described in the original post.

0 Likes
wishaninjawood
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yup dans issue here

0 Likes
wishaninjawood
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same* issue

0 Likes