Re: LG G2 Lollipop upgrade sets phone to 1x
Snn5
Legend

Everytime I suggest to do so with power off (to myself included) this trick doesnt work.  If the SIM is improperly seated, powering down, removing, reinsterting and powering back on will work.  But, if it is a read error from the SIM to the network, it needs to be done while on.

stef7
Master - Level 2

OK, they try both. Smiley Happy

tulipdaisy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I  you all!  I tried both ways: 1) power off, reseat SIM, and then power on (didn't work), 2) reseat SIM with power on, cycled power [I powered off after the "no SIM inserted" message] and upon startup I saw 4G (cue heavenly chimes and choir).  I appreciate your help. I've decided to muscle through this Lollipop chaos. Esp since I have a G2 and I believe I'm pushing this dinosaur TOO THE LIMIT!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

We are glad we answered your question !!!   Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Dinosaur?  Relatively speaking, it is on mobile par with my desktop with an i5 12GB RAM GTX660.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

LG G2 remains anything but a dinosaur... Other devices may be good but this daily driver is super dependable and very responsive. Really happy with this phone and it's processor, the LG Spectrum made a positive impression on me... Not likely will I be swayed to another manufacturer if I replace this unit when my contact is up for renewal... YMMV.

BTW.,the KUDOs are all SNN5's. I'm glad the maneuver worked with power on it. I am not sure why that would work... I will remember that one.

TubaOrNotTuba
Contributor - Level 1

Well my wife's phone upgraded and same problem.  We can remove the SIM card, either phone on or phone off, and then reboot and it'll come up in 4G then a few minutes later it's back to 1x.  Given the numbers who've had this problem here it's time for Verizon to find a solution.  My new SIM card is supposed to be here today, let's hope it fixes it, my wife is less than thrilled to say the least.

0 Likes
Ripp3r
Enthusiast - Level 1

the sim card trick didnt work for me. but I kept on doing factory reset to fix any errors and after 3rd factory reset the phone started showing 4g. I have restarted my phone 2 times since yesterday and its working fine. Just sharing the info if anyone wants to try.