LG G2 Lollipop upgrade sets phone to 1x
TubaOrNotTuba
Contributor - Level 1

After my G2 "upgrade" (man that seems to be a very loose term for Verizon of late) to Lollipop (5.0.2) yesterday, my phone shows me 1x coverage at home.  I also carry a Samsung S5 from Verizon (Lollipop 5.0) and it shows 4G.  I've power cycled, I've rebooted, I've put it in and out of airplane mode, no luck.  Several miles away from my home it will drop back into 4G mode, but 1x really sucks.  The S5 has had huge problems with it's Lollipop upgrade and I'm not sure why I expected LG's to be any different, but at this point Verizon pretty much ruined my G2.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG G2 Lollipop upgrade sets phone to 1x
goalie127rt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Snn5:  Good solution.  I popped the SIM card with power on, counted to 20, put it back in, then cycled the power.  Now I get 4G and have made and received calls.  Thanks for saving me a trip!

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

Have the phone replaced and start fresh with the update as soon as you power it on the first time.  Either that of Factory Reset the current phone.  The updates (not upgrades) should, at that point be much smoother.

TubaOrNotTuba
Contributor - Level 1

Except that even Verizon said that a factory reset won't fix this type of issue.  A factory reset resets the software settings on the phone not the ROM settings that interact with the antennas.  Also, the phone is out of warranty (purchased January 2014) so they're not likely to replace it either.  They are sending me a new SIM card to see if that fixes it, but if it doesn't then I'll be pushing for a replacement phone, though I'm not holding my breath.

0 Likes
TubaOrNotTuba
Contributor - Level 1

Except that even Verizon said that a factory reset won't fix this type of issue.  A factory reset resets the software settings on the phone not the ROM settings that interact with the antennas.  Also, the phone is out of warranty (purchased January 2014) so they're not likely to replace it either.  They are sending me a new SIM card to see if that fixes it, but if it doesn't then I'll be pushing for a replacement phone, though I'm not holding my breath.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If a software issue caused a problem, then usually they send a replacement.  But then, I pay $3 a month for extended warranty, which covers software/hardware.

goalie127rt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem here...only shows 1X, and won't make or receive phone calls.

Is it possible to undo the upgrade?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You cannot undo the upgrade.  If you are having issues with 1x, remove SIM and replace.  Easy first step.

goalie127rt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Snn5:  Good solution.  I popped the SIM card with power on, counted to 20, put it back in, then cycled the power.  Now I get 4G and have made and received calls.  Thanks for saving me a trip!

Snn5
Legend

YAY, sometimes the simple things work!  Smiley Happy

stef7
Master - Level 2

I was going to suggest pulling the SIM too, but NOT with power on the device.