LG G2 Bluetooth problems after Kit Kat Upgrade
TLFLA

Since the Kit Kat update the phone constantly disconnects from my bluetooth vehicle (UConnect) system.  I have 3 other devices that still work fine with the system.  I place calls and after 2 rings the phone will disconnect from the bluetooth conneciton forcing the call to be resumed on the handset.  The phone also will show connected to the vehicle yet calls won't connect through the bluetooth connection even though the device shows it is connected VIA bluetooth.

So far I have factory reset phone, got a replacement device (for another reason, same model) and deleted and re-paired the device 5 times.

This is so far specific to the LG G2 Kit Kat software update as far as I am concerned and others are reporting similar issues on sites like this: LG G2 has problems with KitKat - AndroidPIT

Anyone else having this issue. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG G2 Bluetooth problems after Kit Kat Upgrade
mikelgg2

I'm experiencing the same problem since the KitKat update.  My car has an up-to-date version of GM's Infotainment system.  Used to work great for messaging and calls but now every time the car sends a text message via my bluetooth it drops the connection.  Didn't happen until the update.

I have tried fresh installs and disabling all unrelated processes.  Verizon, please patch this, I can't be the only LG G2 user with a GM. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

Patch has to come from http://www.lgusa.com

and not from Verizon Wireless.

Since its an android device Google has to make the patch, send to LG who then sends to Verizon to send out to their customers. If it is a documented issue.

Good Luck

0 Likes
TLFLA

as an update to my OP the issue does not happen on KitKat version running on a Moto X purchased through Moto Maker directly (non-Verizon unlocked version)

0 Likes
Graftyman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Duplicate post - please see:

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes