LG G2 Andriod v4.4.2 wont automatically resize images for MMS (text)
Chuckmeister87

I can send images through the Facebook Messenger, but text has stopped auto-resizing pictures and instead will just tell me the file cannot be attached due to a size limit or file error. How can I correct the problem as it has never had this issue before? And YES my mobile data is on. There is no problem receiving images just sending because resizing isn't working.

Problem has been going on for a week and a half now. I have done everything but a factory reset and I would like to try to avoid that as much as possible. My phone is a year and a month old. Why did it crap out?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG G2 Andriod v4.4.2 wont automatically resize images for MMS (text)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That would definitely be annoying, especially when just trying to send photos via text, Chuckmeister87. Regarding MMS messages, have you tried using another text application to see if the issue persists? Try using Verizon Messages or Google Hangouts for SMS and MMS.

I would also recommend going to the App Manager through Settings, locate your Text App, and clearing out the cache and data. Then retest by sending another MMS, to see if the photo will resize.

Please keep us posted!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That would definitely be annoying, especially when just trying to send photos via text, Chuckmeister87. Regarding MMS messages, have you tried using another text application to see if the issue persists? Try using Verizon Messages or Google Hangouts for SMS and MMS.

I would also recommend going to the App Manager through Settings, locate your Text App, and clearing out the cache and data. Then retest by sending another MMS, to see if the photo will resize.

Please keep us posted!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Chuckmeister87

Just cleared the cache and it still won't send pictures. Same error. Doesn't try to resize the image. I'm using Messenger, the default app for texting for all android phones. The one that's permanent and cannot be deleted. It was working for an entire year as it should but now it's not. I can send images through Facebook Messenger and Kakao Talk still because those don't limit file size apparently. I need the basic messenger to work properly. Wouldn't be having this issue on a 12 year old Nokia "brick" phone.

0 Likes
Chuckmeister87

It's fixed. I enabled Hangouts again (all extra apps I never wanted but couldn't delete I've had disabled since the first week of purchase) and I was able to send an image through it. I went back to Messenger and set it back to the default messaging app and now it will convert and resize images to fit the MMS file limit. Weirdest phone bug fix I've seen

0 Likes