LG G2 4.4.2 update broke Google Play Music
bluejss2002
Enthusiast - Level 2

After the upgrade when I try to play a song from Google Play Music, it gives me an error after a few minutes: "Music Playback error. Can't play the track you requested," I tried to remove the updates from Play Music, clear data from Play Music but, nothing helped.

It happens on wifi, mobile connection, and with the songs that I pined to offline. It worked fine before the update but now it gives the error after every couple of songs.

Does anyone have an idea?

Labels (1)
Re: LG G2 4.4.2 update broke Google Play Music
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bluejss2002, Let's get your music app to work properly. When you cleared the app data and uninstalled the updates, did you also power off the phone and remove the sim? If not, that would be the next step. Please keep us posted.

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
bluejss2002
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, that didn't help.  This seems like it is a problem for a lot of people after the update.  I found it on blogs and on XDA but there were no solutions. 

0 Likes
bluejss2002
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here is what someone with T-mobile tried to do to fix it:

I have contacted T-Mobile & they confirmed that a lot of users have reported this after the 4.4.2 update me not just with the G2 but also with the galaxy S4 & note 3 after updating to 4.4.2 as well. I told them all the trouble shooting I've done & they told me to contact Google to find a solution.

Google play music support was unaware of this issue & after running me through the same steps told me to contact LG

LG once again was unaware of the issue & tired running me thorough the same steps again. Their conclusion was that my phone/the app was having trouble communicating with the Google servers. & directed me back to Google or T-Mobile.

0 Likes
xstahsie

I'm in the same boat as you. Temporary workaround is to not update the Google Play Music app that came with the phone. Go to Google Play, search for Play Music, and click on the uninstall button to uninstall the update. Once uninstalled, you should be running a slightly older version of Play Music.

Google needs to fixed this and Verizon needs to  bring this issue to their attention.

0 Likes
maclee31
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue for my wife and me on our LG G2s. I actually called and spoke to Google support two days ago. He could not fix the issue, but said he would investigate further.

I really do not care who fixes the issue, but something needs to be done. Playing music is one of the main functions I use the phone for.

0 Likes
bluejss2002
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have done everything I can think of to fix this problem including a factor reset but it is still an ongoing issue.  My phone was fine before the Verizon updated it to Kitkat.  Is there going to be a update to address the bugs associated with this update? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Bluejss2002,

I appreciate you keeping us posted! Thanks for all the troubleshooting you've done so far. The hard reset you performed should have clear any possible corrupt files after the software update.

Have you sent feedback for the Google Play Music app? Launch the Google Play Music app and select Menu. Scroll down to Send Feedback.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
pdc12

I have worked quite a bit with Google support on this issue, they have, to me, stated that it is a LG issue and will/can only be resolved by them. We have done the reset and clear and version troubleshooting steps. I can provide a case number.

They offered for me to use a different device to use the subscription service. Is this Verizon's solution, also? This is a main use of my phone.

Patrick

0 Likes