LG G gpad 8.3 lte SSL/security issue
rgor

Hi,

I just ordered the LG Gpad 8.3 from verizon.  I went to the store and also online.    It is coming on Tuesday.

My question is that although I was told by the reps that the tablet is secure and has no issues,

I wanted to make sure that the tablet is not vulnerable to the heartbleed problem.  I was told

by my work that I should avoid using any service that is not "patched". 

This would mean that my business software running under ssl would be compromised.  I know I'm shoudn't be

worried as I can't imagine that that they would sell a tablet that has such an issue w/o some sort of disclosure but

I just wanted to calm my paronoia and be safe.

I did not see any mention of this online and the rep is not aware that the tablet has any security issues.

Can anyone on the forum confirm that the reps are correct and there are no security issues with the tablet?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG G gpad 8.3 lte SSL/security issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello rgor, safety and security of the device is a top priority! The device would be active on a secure network along with the tested operating system. Services that are not patched and run through private developers would be 3rd party applications downloaded from the Play store. Be aware that some 3rd party applications can contain bugs or malicious ware that can effect the operating system.

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Re: LG G gpad 8.3 lte SSL/security issue
rgor

Thank you response? So is the operating system patched or do I have to be careful about using the device on an unpatched website?  I worry because my tablet will be used for work and they have sensitive information.  I know with healthcare related marketing websites, you will work with companies using unpatched servers.

Ok so this is what I'm getting from the companies heartbleed utility (I think they use mcafee)

Your OS version is 4.2.2.  You have a vulnerable version of openSSL but heartbleed behavour is restricted.

Are people with the LG Gad using a vulnerable version of openSSL? When is verizon/lg patching this?  Why didn't anyone tell me before I bought the tablet?  It is beautiful and looks great but I'm thinking we may need to let people in the stores know about this?

0 Likes