LG G Vista recent update to Lollipop is horrible! Can I somehow get back to the software it came with: kitkat?
JecNire
Enthusiast - Level 3

Got the LG G Vista over a month ago and absolutely loved it! Last weekend, there was a software update from the KitKat to Lollipop 5.1.1 and not only did it take over 1GB of my phones memory (should've been a red flag!) it now works horribly. The unnecessary features and obvious dumb-it-down settings are very frustrating.

One "new feature" is an option in the wifi settings to "avoid bad wifi connection". Well, I've never with any phone I've ever owned, have any problems with connecting to my wifi and always having full bars and service. Now my phone barely works in my own home, never has 4G at all and I'm lucky if I have ONE single bar. The apps now crash constantly, no matter what, it lags and takes forever to even clear my list of any recently used apps. Not to mention on my application manager list, suddenly every single thing was installed on January 28, 1970!! Really?

I have tried a factory data reset and it acts like the lollipop is the only software it's ever seen. I cannot stand it with this new update, I should not have so much stress over trying to make a phone call and the phone being unable to even do that!

Is there ANY possible way to get it back to the KitKat?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG G Vista recent update to Lollipop is horrible! Can I somehow get back to the software it came with: kitkat?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JecNire,

Thanks for all the details. We certainly appreciate all that you have done to get this working and definitely want to ensure you have a fully functional device. If the device is still within warranty you would be able to have it replaced with a certified like new device of the same make and model. The software on the device would not be an option and would be required as these updates are meant to improve the device performance. However, not all devices would react the same, as we have determined, so replacing the device would be the next step.If you would like to get an order for a warranty replacement device please reach out to us at 800-922-0204.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: LG G Vista recent update to Lollipop is horrible! Can I somehow get back to the software it came with: kitkat?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're having so many issues with the new software on your phone JecNire. We know software updates are suppose to help the phone and not hinder it and want to help with some trouble-shooting steps. Unfortunatley, we are not able to push the software baack to KItkat.

Have you removed the wifi connection from your home and set it up as a new connection. Are you using any wifi apps that may cause issues with this function? Where are you located? We can check the area for any service issues? Lastly, I recommend removing an application and reinstalling it to see if the date changed.

Keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JecNire
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ya... When I did the factory data reset it completely erased all connections and apps and any other setting I had used. The phone was great up until the software update, and I've never had a single problem with any cell phone I've ever used connecting to my wifi. This LG was connecting great, apps worked great, no lagging, no crashing, and no problems. I use the same apps on this phone as I had my old one before this, so it isn't the apps. I am not really concerned about the dates of the apps, just seems a little weird, and wanted to mention it as well.

Bottom line: this phone was amazing. No problems with anything until the update. Is there a way to get a replacement phone and just not choose to do the software update? Or would it be a pointless thing that eventually the phone updates without my permission??

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JecNire,

Thanks for all the details. We certainly appreciate all that you have done to get this working and definitely want to ensure you have a fully functional device. If the device is still within warranty you would be able to have it replaced with a certified like new device of the same make and model. The software on the device would not be an option and would be required as these updates are meant to improve the device performance. However, not all devices would react the same, as we have determined, so replacing the device would be the next step.If you would like to get an order for a warranty replacement device please reach out to us at 800-922-0204.

AdamG_VZW

0 Likes
whydoineedthis
Contributor - Level 1

J i recomend not shipping anything to vzw i just went though a two month prosses of being charged 600 bucks on my bill for a phone that vzw knew was at the post office but still they wanted to charge me they didnt know what kind of device it was but could somehow come up with a number for how much i owe them

whydoineedthis
Contributor - Level 1

Tge update is meant to improve the phone but doesnt isn't that a faulty device that should be replaced in a retail location

JecNire
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am not going to hand this over for a used one! I paid for this phone, I own it. And the software is the problem. So if getting a different one will still  be this lollipop junk, then I won't want to mess with it. I should not be required to update the software in the first place! It didn't improve anything for me, but it sure is eating up my data by not working correctly... So must be working great for Verizon. I'll be making my money back on my own, and not getting another LG, if I stay with Verizon at all. This is ridiculous.

whydoineedthis
Contributor - Level 1

Every single vzw phone out right now is having issues with the update why keep pushing it out?

whydoineedthis
Contributor - Level 1

By this I mean no model is unaffected by this update not every phone but every model device

JecNire
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you very much for that, it has been more help than you could imagine!! I was curious about that as well, if there is a way to just stop the update from even having a chance to prompt. But, I am also not a fan of used phones, especially from verizon! I figure it's 50/50 of getting a decent one from Amazon or another site, but wasn't wanting to bother if I couldn't find out exactly what you just told me! Thank you!

0 Likes