LG G Pad 8.3 Tablet won't turn on
ev_b
Enthusiast - Level 1

I see a few threads where people have had problems with their LG G 8.3 LTE tablet not powering on.

Mine worked fine yesterday, and I don't think the battery level was super low, but I might be wrong. My old apple devices had to charge for a bit when the battery was completely dead, are the LG products the same way?

This tablet is essentially brand new, it's never even left the house, much less had any damage at all. It's probably been used less than a dozen times.

Really hoping that it's not dead. I plugged it into the charger than came with it, and also into the USB port of my computer (at someone's suggestion). So far, nothing.

Labels (1)
Re: LG G Pad 8.3 Tablet won't turn on
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am confident that we can figure it out, ev_b! Do you recall what software your device is running on? Have you updated the software recently? Are you using the original charger? Is there any damage? Share details so that I can help!

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
deborahjones0305
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too am having issues where my tablet is not turning on.It worked fine yesterday with no problems and now it is not charging at all.  Not sure what the problem is but I'm very frustrated Smiley Sad

Deborah Jones

deborahjones0305
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have you found out anything else to try to get the tablet on, charging and working?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

deborahjones0305, Sorry to hear that you are experiencing the same issue. Have you tried using a different charging outlet? Does there seem to be any damage within the charging port?

Take a look at the link that will provide you troubleshooting steps for your tablet:
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/g-pad-83-lte-troubleshooting-power/

Keep us updated.

YareliM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2
PNMowery

I also recently started having the same problem with my tab. It was working fine until a couple of weeks ago. I bought new charging cords, and then it was working again, and now last night, with the same cord that's been working, it would not charge and it died. Now it won't charge using ANY of the cords I have, regardless of what I plug it into, and is completely dead.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

ffollow link by tbo

and look for the post by backtees

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

tbo27 wrote:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/mobile/mobile-access.jspa#jive-content?content=%2Fapi%2Fcore%2...

The desktop version of the link is a little easier to follow. Re: LG G 8.3 Tablet won't turn on.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Ladyk322
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've only had my tablet for less than 2 months, barely ever use it. Yesterday I plugged it up and no charge. There are Way too many customers reporting the same issue, makes me wonder whether or not  this product be a recall.