Re: LG G 8.3 Tablet won't turn on.
Gnomemullet

Same here.  It's happen to me twice, now.  First within 5 days of getting the tablet, so they just gave me a different one at the store.  Now, about 2 months later, that one has ran out of juice and won't charge up at all.  Now it' just a paperweight.  I guess it's back to the store for me, too.

0 Likes
BACKTEES21
Enthusiast - Level 1

ALL EVERYONE NEED'S TO DO IS..... 1) TAKE A DEEP BREATH 2) GO AHEAD & THANK ME NOW

THE FIX IS QUITE SIMPLE, THERE IS NO WAITING FOR 4 HOURS FOR IT TO MAYBE DO SOMETHING WHILE CONNECTED TO A COMPUTER. DON'T BOTHER FIGHTING WITH MULTIPLE CORDS OR OUTLETS.

HERE IT IS THE FIX TO SOLVE ALL G PAD 8.3 LTE CUSTOMER FRUSTRATIONS,.............

1- HAVE THE ORIGINAL CHARGER OR ANY OTHER QUALITY MICRO USB CABLE PLUGGED IN AND READY TO GO

2- WHILE THE TABLET IS NOT PLUGGED INTO THE CHARGER HOLD DOWN THE POWER BUTTON FOR ABOUT 10 SECONDS.

3- WHILE STILL HOLDING THE POWER BUTTON DOWN PLUG IN THE CHARGER AND THEN GO AHEAD AND RELEASE THE POWER BUTTON.

4-WITHIN 5 SECONDS YOU SHOULD SEE THE BATTERY SYMBOL POP UP, FROM THERE THE BEAST IS BACK GIVE IT SOME TIME TO CHARGE AND JUST LIKE THAT, SHE LIVES!!!!!

nuthin_fun
Enthusiast - Level 1

BACKTEES21 ... Thank you.  This is the first thing to actually get my tablet to start charging.

parrottj
Enthusiast - Level 1

This worked!!! Verizon needs to put this on the top of the page. Holy Moly!! Thought I was going to have to hassle with getting a replacement. Note to self, never go under 15% battery life again. Thank you for this!!!

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

That battery can't handle being discharged much below 30 to 35% without a problem as a general rule. The boot up will take a large voltage and current draw and prevent a normal startup. If that happens it will require a hard start and good recharge. And thank you BACKTEE21. good job   Smiley Happy

Ridgeback
Enthusiast - Level 1

BACKTEE21....Sorry man, I took a deep breath, but I waited until I got the unit working before thanking you...not that I didn't trust you or anything.

Anyway, it didn't work the first time I tried it, or the second, but I kept playing with it trying different things. I think what did it for me, and I only mention it in case it helps someone else, is that I held the power button for longer than 10 seconds, quite a bit longer.

So thanks again!!

Ratchet18wheels
Enthusiast - Level 1

Worked perfectly

0 Likes
happydad
Enthusiast - Level 1

Already had one replaced and the phone call was painfully too long!  Didn't want to go through that again.  THANK YOU BACKTEES21 !!!!! at least I am seeing something on the screen and will let it charge for a while.

l_boogie
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you, this worked and also held the power button down longer.  Saved me a trip and phone call to verizon.

Winxy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I plugged mine into the computer and it turned on right away.  Battery was at 100%.  What is up with this thing?

0 Likes