LG G 8.3 Tablet won't turn on.
ruthdialtan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Charged my LG G 8.3 tablet all day, now it won't turn on. Not sure what to do or what happened, please help!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG G 8.3 Tablet won't turn on.
BACKTEES21
Enthusiast - Level 1

ALL EVERYONE NEED'S TO DO IS..... 1) TAKE A DEEP BREATH 2) GO AHEAD & THANK ME NOW

THE FIX IS QUITE SIMPLE, THERE IS NO WAITING FOR 4 HOURS FOR IT TO MAYBE DO SOMETHING WHILE CONNECTED TO A COMPUTER. DON'T BOTHER FIGHTING WITH MULTIPLE CORDS OR OUTLETS.

HERE IT IS THE FIX TO SOLVE ALL G PAD 8.3 LTE CUSTOMER FRUSTRATIONS,.............

1- HAVE THE ORIGINAL CHARGER OR ANY OTHER QUALITY MICRO USB CABLE PLUGGED IN AND READY TO GO

2- WHILE THE TABLET IS NOT PLUGGED INTO THE CHARGER HOLD DOWN THE POWER BUTTON FOR ABOUT 10 SECONDS.

3- WHILE STILL HOLDING THE POWER BUTTON DOWN PLUG IN THE CHARGER AND THEN GO AHEAD AND RELEASE THE POWER BUTTON.

4-WITHIN 5 SECONDS YOU SHOULD SEE THE BATTERY SYMBOL POP UP, FROM THERE THE BEAST IS BACK GIVE IT SOME TIME TO CHARGE AND JUST LIKE THAT, SHE LIVES!!!!!

View solution in original post

michellemac67

I'm having the same problem with same device.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Ruthdialtan,

Oh no! I know how frustrating it can be to have a device that will not power on. Are you using the original charger that came in the box with the device? Has there been any liquid or physical damage to the device? Does the device have a case on it?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Brfam
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having same problem with original charger, tried multiple different outlets, no case, nothing changed from the time of purchase.

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Still under warranty if no physical damage so LG can fix or vzw will replace but they send you a box u send tab in and they send another one out to you

kmapplebeck
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yea. Mine just died too. A worthless piece of trash.

0 Likes
ssnowandsurf
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem. No damage. Nothing changed since last use...just not turning on/not showing charging. Checked plug in with my phone & that is charging just fine 😕 Haven't even had it a year! 😞

0 Likes
BeachMusic
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem. My battery discharged because of non-use. It will not recharge, will not turn on. I've only had my LG 8.3 LTE tablet since 5/2014. I am using the charger/cable that came with the tablet. The charger/cable is kept in a protective zipped case, so there is no damage to the charger. I have tried 2 different outlets (both working for other things) but my tablet will not recharge.

What is the problem?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're having issues with your tablet ssnowandsurf . I know its frustrating. I recommend checking the charging port on your tablet to ensure its not loose or damaged. Are there any problematic apps on  your tablet? If so, when you are able to turn it on, remove those to check if that will resolve the issue. Keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
BeachMusic
Enthusiast - Level 2

If the tablet won't turn on, and it won't charge, how am I to check the apps? That doesn't make sense.

Samille

0 Likes