LG Ally will not unlock!!
sweets03

Hello! I have had my Ally for about a year and yesterday the phone froze, rebooted, and will not allow me to enter the pattern code. The screen doesn't react at all on that screen. If I have an incoming call, I can answer it with the touch screen. If I have an alarm, I can snooze it from the touch screen, but I can not under any circumstances get to my home screen. I've removed the battery several times to no avail. I'm about to lose it...I'll be so happy to be done with all these issues. In the meantime, how do I get into my phone.

NOTE: the method of restarting to clear the safe mode doesn't work. I've only seen the words Safe Mode on this phone once.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Ally will not unlock!!
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello sweets03,

I can imagine not being able to get to your home screen being an inconvenience.  If a simple battery pull is not assisting I would suggest trying an alternate factory reset.  Please keep in mind this will erase everything on the device so hopefully you had the device backed up prior.  You can visit here to learn how to do this reset the alternate way.  After the reset the device will prompt you to activate the device by choosing option 1.  Please let me know if this assist.  Thank you.  

0 Likes