Re: LG Ally to get Android 2.2 in Feb
DJS727

Agreed with cracka444

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
It may be worth performing a factory reset. It has been observed with several models of Android phones that doing a factory reset either right before or after OS update clears up a lot of issues.

You can also try to reprogram your phone *228 option 1 before deciding to do a factory reset to see if that clears up sms issue.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
steveanderson13
Contributor - Level 2

Brian68 wrote:

Ok so finally we get 2.2 then I find out no Flash 10.1 support. How is that 2.2 then? That's the only feature I even cared about. dumping my Ally as soon as I can. This sucks. Oh yeah can you guys make it to where we can post using IE9. You'd think you guys be on the ball with this stuff. I hate having to switch browsers back and forth.

You should have found out before.  You did not do anything.  What is and is not possible for every phone and for every update is published everywhere-even here on Verizon's website.  Flash isn't that great anyway, even when it does work.  It's just too much to ask for a phone right now.  MP4 works better and is widely available.  Look for that; you can look for iphone mobile sites because that is what it is geared toward.  Check the manual; as far as I know, MP4 shouldn't be a problem.  

You did gain a lot of new features.  Those also are published everywhere.  Reading other android forums will also help you get more out of your phone.  Then everything would suck less, even your next phone.  

No idea what you're talking about on IE9.  Something is amiss.  Since the internet has been greatly upgraded everywhere, perhaps your browser is obsolete and you should update.  If you want speed, try Chrome, Opera, or Firefox.  You will leave IE behind.  

0 Likes
franchescadaye

I am very excited! I have been doing the checkin all day for the past two days, and tonight as I type this froyo is downloading to my Ally! Sp the OTA is being pushed and I am getting it!

0 Likes
demiann

I'll be receiving my Ally on Tuesday, where can I download the 2.2 update at?

0 Likes
steveanderson13
Contributor - Level 2

Hi, Demiann,

Easiest thing is to wait for the OTA.  You should get a notification on your phone a few days after phone is in use.  If not, check back in.

0 Likes
cracka444

More and more I am not liking this new update.  I am now unable to turn of the keypad sound.  I find that to be the most annoying sound when texting "clic click click" .  Glad there is an actual keyboard instead of having to use the touch pad, pretty sure I would toss the phone.  Have you ever sat next to someone where all they did was text and here that clicking noise?  Is there a way to turn this off besides short of leaving the phone on vibrate?

0 Likes
DJS727

Settings>>>Language & Keyboard>>>>Android Keyboard>>>>Uncheck "Sound on Keypress"

There ya go. Worked 4 me.

0 Likes
cracka444

Thanks..

0 Likes
kSo9204
Contributor - Level 2

I do apologize for the issues you are experiencing with your device after the 2.2 Update. Currently, the best option to resolve the issue is by completing a factory reset for your device. This can be completed through the following steps:

Factory Reset option 1
From the main screen, touch menu tab
Touch Settings
Touch Privacy
Touch Factory Data reset
Touch Reset Phone
Warning: This will erase all data from your phone, including:

• Your Google account
  • System and application data and settings
  • Downloaded Applications

It will not erase: Current System software and bundled applications; SD Card files, such as music or Photos

Factory Reset option 2  - Warning this will reset device back to original factory settings.

1. Turn off the phone
  2. Press and hold "home" + "end" + "volume up or down" keys together for a few seconds
  3. Once device displays boot information, release keys.
0 Likes