LG Ally that consistently speaks aloud!
MsPinkdiva

This could actually pertain to any Droid phone.....but does anyone have problems with their phone speaking aloud?  What I mean by that is my phone will say "Verizon Wireless" and "Extended Network" anytime I'm in a dead zone.  It is so annoying because it's mostly at work and it doesn't matter that the phone is on silent either.....it is also very LOUD!  It's the computer type female voice you hear on most recordings.  Can someone please help?  Don't tell me I'm alone?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG Ally that consistently speaks aloud!
budone
Legend

budone wrote:

I do not have the phone and the manual is not all that descriptive. However, if you can get into, 'Settings' then "Accessibility", it is called, 'Talk Back" Maybe there is a setting there.

I found this elsewhere. "Push the Menu button, touch Settings, touch Wireless and Networks, touch Mobile Networks. What is the ERI set at?"  I guess if you turn it off you no longer get the notification. 

Hope this helps

Also ERI means Enhanced Roaming Indicator

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I do not have the phone and the manual is not all that descriptive. However, if you can get into, 'Settings' then "Accessibility", it is called, 'Talk Back" Maybe there is a setting there.

I found this elsewhere. "Push the Menu button, touch Settings, touch Wireless and Networks, touch Mobile Networks. What is the ERI set at?"  I guess if you turn it off you no longer get the notification. 

Hope this helps

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I don't have that phone either, but I did notice I have a TTY setting options under "Settings" > "Call". Maybe you have something similar turned on.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

budone wrote:

Hope this helps

Also ERI means Enhanced Roaming Indicator

0 Likes
MsPinkdiva

Thanks so very much!  This was exactly what it was.  I don't remember setting it but now it's off.  Now that I know what it's called; I googled it and found someone else that explained it just the way that I did and identified it as ERI.  You are a lifesaver and I appreciate it! 😄

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Enjoy your quiet phone!

0 Likes
MsPinkdiva

Hahaha.....I most certainly will and so will my co-workers!

0 Likes