LG Ally - text notification
smile427

Why isn't my phone using my ringtone when I receive a new text?  It does sometimes, then just doesn't after a while.  I've found that I have to turn off my phone & turn it back on again for the sound to work again.  Fortunately, I have it on vibrate also, so at least I am notified.  But this is really bugging me.  Help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Ally - text notification
LG_Pro
Contributor - Level 2

smile427 wrote:

Why isn't my phone using my ringtone when I receive a new text?  It does sometimes, then just doesn't after a while.  I've found that I have to turn off my phone & turn it back on again for the sound to work again.  Fortunately, I have it on vibrate also, so at least I am notified.  But this is really bugging me.  Help!

We're aware of this issue happening with Android 2.1 on some of the Allys....  We are working on an update that should help address this issue... I or one of the Verizon Reps will update everyone as soon as there is any news.  In the mean time I have a question...  Are you using notification tones from your memory card or from the Ally it's self?

0 Likes
Leslie1
Contributor - Level 1

With the phone powered up, Pull the Battery and wait a minute then replace it and power back up. Go to Settings-Sound & Display settings-Notification ringtone- Set your default notification ringtone go to the drop down select  "Complete action using"- "select music" and "current ringtone" make sure shows the ringtone selected for notifications.

Link for further information: 

http://www.lgforum.com/forum/boards/carriers/verizon/topics/lg-ally-ringtones-not-playing

0 Likes
azgirll

I'm having the same problem not getting any sound I have used sounds from the memory card and tried using sounds already on the phone the only way I found it fix it is resetting my phone to factory setting but this is a pain I have to redownload all my phone numbers I have even tried not downloading any apps it still does it after about a month no matter what I do...

0 Likes
azgirll

I have tried this also they even did it in the store for me it fixes it for a short time then it goes back to no sound

0 Likes
Leslie1
Contributor - Level 1

Try going to: Settings, then ringer volume, there is a slide bar to turn it up or down and another bar below that is for notification volume. In between the two bars is a box that needs to have a check mark in it for "use incoming call volume for notification. Put a check mark there and see if it will ring. 

Here is link for further viewing:  http://www.lgallyforums.com/topic/1223-suddenly-no-sound-when-phone-rings/

0 Likes