LG Ally - takes fuzzy colored pictures on camera
snstrinteg97

I recently bought the new LG Ally a few weeks ago and the camera seemed to be working fine up until this past weekend when every picture I take is now seen as fuzzy, colored lines and I mean every picture I take. I tried resetting it and defaulting the camera settings to no avail. Has anyone experienced this? And no, I did not drop the phone or expose it to extreme temperatures or dip in water. Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: LG Ally - takes fuzzy colored pictures on camera
crazemary

There are quite a few views, but no responses: I don't think other LG users want to jinx themselves by saying it outloud that it hasn't happened to them. Because superstitious folk and true believers of Murphy's Law know that it'll happen to them.

Instead of finding out if it has happened to others, it might be more helpful to find out if you have a warranty plan that covers your issue, then you can get it fixed!

0 Likes
LG_Pro
Contributor - Level 2

snstrinteg97 wrote:

I recently bought the new LG Ally a few weeks ago and the camera seemed to be working fine up until this past weekend when every picture I take is now seen as fuzzy, colored lines and I mean every picture I take. I tried resetting it and defaulting the camera settings to no avail. Has anyone experienced this? And no, I did not drop the phone or expose it to extreme temperatures or dip in water. Thanks.

it sounds to me like the Camera is bad...  I'd talk to your Dealer to get it looked at and or replaced.  This is the first bad camera I've had reported.  Let me know what happens.

0 Likes
cocomarie

Same thing happened to mine, just shut it off.. wait a few min and power it back on. That fixed my problem.. hope it helps!!

0 Likes
chicagoastro

See if the camera lens is clean.

The lens is just where our filthy fingers migrate to while holding the phone...and the oils deposited will make a clear shot foggy and smeared.

Chicago Astronomer Joe

0 Likes
raenmiah

mine did the same thing.  Someone said possibly bad SD card, but i took the battery out and put it back in and viola!

0 Likes
1969racquel
Oh wow I have that too! But its on and off 😕
0 Likes
dre1

I just got off phone with verizon and they are sending me my "3rd" phone. First phone was doing same thing with camera. at first the pics were fine, then they were different color lines. After call to verizon and many ways to try and fix, they ended up sending 2nd phone. that phone worked fine for about 1 wk then it did same thing. took in to local store where they did master reset. worked for couple days. now they are sending 3rd phone. they "say" they've never seen this. whatever!! i'm tired of having to reload everything on new phones. wish i had good news for you but i'm at end myself!!

0 Likes
snstrinteg97

I didn't have to go so far as to get replacement phones, but 2x I had to hard reset my phone and take out the battery and so far it has done the trick with no issues since so hopefully the issue doesn't come back. Thank you all for responding. It does help when I'm not the only one having "issues."

0 Likes