LG Ally "Camera Not Connected" msg
kroles
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just tried to use my camera function and now I am getting the messsage "camera not connected" Has anyone come across this and any solution.

Also the battery is not holding a charged. Last night I fully charged my camera and unplugged at 11pm and at 6am the battery was drained down to a 13%.  Is their solution to fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Ally "Camera Not Connected" msg
LG_Pro
Contributor - Level 2

kroles wrote:

I just tried to use my camera function and now I am getting the messsage "camera not connected" Has anyone come across this and any solution.

Also the battery is not holding a charged. Last night I fully charged my camera and unplugged at 11pm and at 6am the battery was drained down to a 13%.  Is their solution to fix this?

Camera not connected??  I haven't seen that error message before.  If pulling the Battery doesn't help resolve the problem then I would contact Verizon or LG Support to see about getting the phone replaced...

This topic has been covered in a few other threads, so I would search those as well for help...  But for those who are new to Android, this might help.

The Battery not holding a charge?  There are several reasons this could be happening.

* If the Ally is new, then I recommend that the first few times, you completely charge the ally, like overnight, and then fully discharge it before recharging and then repeat the cycle.  I noticed that on my Ally the Battery life actually got better than it was out of the box, to some extent.

* App/Process management....  This can be a huge factor since the Ally is a multitasking platform and you can have unneeded processes running in the background chewing up battery life and processor cycles.  Check that the services like WiFi and GPS are only on when needed.  Check that apps like WeatherBug are configured properly so they don't continually update when not needed

* Bad Signal area??  If your phone is struggling to get or maintain a Cell signal or Data signal that it will severely impact your battery life...  Check to see how Many Signal Bars you are getting and note if your phone seems to flip flop back and forth between '1x' and '3G' service...  this will help determine whether you are in a good location or not

* Finally, it could be a Bad Battery/Phone...  Smart Phone battery life is not as good as a "Feature Phone" or Basic Phone but it still should be better than what you are seeing...  I would eliminate all of the other potential suspects before looking to replace the battery.

Sorry for going over some basic stuff, but maybe it will help others as well.

0 Likes