Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.
LG Ally number transfer (this may be long and slightly complicated, sorry)
RCSsmom

Purchased LG Ally yesterday, added to my mothers account. Phone number from AT&T was to be transferred over, and the CS Rep said it would take 3-24 hours for the number to transfer. maybe I am jumping the gun, since he still technically has 4 hours before the 24 hour mark has been reached, but he also indicated that it RARELY takes that long for the number to transfer. I was instructed to look for an e-mail/notification stating the account has been started.

Now

#1, I do not get service in my apartment building. Lame, I know, but I live in a dungeon practically.

#2. I recieved an e-mail to my google/gmail account, that DID show up once on my phone, and somehow miraculously I was able to read it but then it was gone.(I haven't been able to connect to anything since, including apps) I've checked my gmail online and it says:

Thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless!  We have received your test email,
and this reply confirms that your account has been successfully setup.

What does this mean? Am I still waiting to have the number transferred? Or am I having some other issue that I need to address.

I guess in a nutshell, I'm asking, how long did it take for YOUR number to transfer over?

Thank you to anyone who can help me out. I just wanna be able to use my phone! 24 hours without is rough!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Ally number transfer (this may be long and slightly complicated, sorry)
sHaY_j
Novice

Some devices port over immediately, but it usually takes from 0 to 24 hours. Hope this information helps!

0 Likes