LG Ally notification LED
Jillmacb22

I received the 2.2 update yesterday morning.  Ever since that, my notification light will no longer flash with incoming phone calls, incoming test messages, incoming email.  When I charge the phone, it is red and it's green when it's completely charged, as usual.  Anybody else having this problem?  Or does anybody know how to fix?  I am also getting the below mentioned notifications on the lock screen, which are very annoying because I do not use the Messaging app that came on the phone and use Handcent instead.  And... I also notice that the lights (call, home, settings, end call, back and search) stay on instead of going off after a certain period of time.  I have the Kindle app and they used to go off, but now they stay on.

Thanks for any help!

By the way... I did do a factory reset after the update and it didn't fix the problem...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Ally notification LED
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Try  doing a factory reset option 2 on the device, then updating the device.

Dial *228 send and option 1 on the device.

MasterReset/Soft Reset: Allows to reset device back to factory settings.

Factory Reset option 1
From the main screen, touch menu tab
Touch Settings
Touch Privacy
Touch Factory Data reset
Touch Reset Phone

Warning: This will erase all data from your phone, including:

• Your Google account
  • System and application data and settings
  • Downloaded Applications

It will not erase: Current System software and bundled applications; SD Card files, such as music or Photos

Factory Reset option 2  - Warning this will reset device back to original factory settings.

1. Turn off the phone
  2. Press and hold "home" + "end" + "volume up or down" keys together for a few seconds
  3. Once device displays boot information, release keys.
0 Likes
Jillmacb22

The factory reset didn't work.  So, yet again, I erased all of my stuff.  Any other suggestions?  I guess I'll just deal with it...

0 Likes
rocky281

I have the same problem and also only one type of ringtone for all my notifications. This sucks and all started after upgrade by Verizon which once again has screwed up our phones. There only answer is factory reset which is worthless and erases all your stuff. I'm sick of them screwing up out settings and then erasing everything for nothing. Verizon, fix the issues and stop wasting our time and info!!!

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

If you have done a factory reset make sure you reset the device back to the factory settings using reset option 2.  

You can also download a LED Notification Application from the Android Market Place.   There are numerous applications that will allow you to customize the LED notifications.

0 Likes
LNBUGS

HAVING SAME PROBLEMS ITS ALL MESED UP   VERIZON SAID THAT LG IS WORKING ON A NEW UPDATE TO FIX THE PROBLEMS BUT DONT KNOW WHEN ITS A REAL PAIN

0 Likes