LG Ally multimedia messages
lesfal

When I receive a multimedia message via text on my LG Ally, I am able to hear the music and view the video as a picture, but the video itself will not play.  Is there some secret to this that I'm missing?  Or a setting I need to change?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated :smileyhappy:

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Ally multimedia messages
aughra

lesfal,

When mine come up there is an arrow like a play button on the picture, and I just click that. Does yours not come up that way?

0 Likes
lesfal
Some of them come up that way. Others just show a pic. Maybe they were sent to me incorrectly. Hmm..
0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Delivery of picture/video messages from other carriers' subscribers is not guaranteed. VZW attempts to deliver inter-carrier MMS (Multi-media Messaging Service) messages received in their original, full format.   Sometimes messages are not in the correct format and you would get an audio or video error, like the one you are experiencing were the video is not playing.  Sometimes the phones media player may not support an older format.   You can try downloading another Video  Player Application to the device from the Android Market Place. 

0 Likes