LG Ally callers can't hear me
tknight3

Calls coming in or calls going out, the person on the other end cannot hear me. It does not happen all the time, but is happening on most calls. It even occurs on speaker phone. The Ally is almost new and has the latest firmware update. Any clues?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Ally callers can't hear me
tknight3

My wife has an identical phone and is not experiencing the same problems so that tells me it is not a service problem but something with the actual hardware or software.

0 Likes
firstlady09
Contributor - Level 3

Do a hard reset on the device. Here are the steps below. Be sure to back up your contact and remove your SD card before performing the hard reset. 

From the Home screen, touch the applications tab (bottom of the screen).
Touch Settings.
Touch Privacy.
Touch Factory data reset.
Touch Reset phone.
Touch Erase Everything.
To setup the device, refer to Initial Activation and Setup for assistance.

0 Likes
tknight3

Great. I did that and it does not work. All my apps and settings are gone and the phone still does not work properly.

0 Likes
cheshirecat

I have an LG ally myself and I've never experienced this issue. A while back I was coming across where the phone would lag out when I tried to make a phone call, I took it to verizon though and they got me a replacement. Since then I haven't had any issues. It could be a malfunction with the phone itself, my suggestion is take it to a Verizon store and see if they can get you a replacement due to a phone defect.

Best of luck!

0 Likes