LG Ally battery and light struggles
biblios

Last January, I purchased an LG Ally and for the most part, I enjoy the phone. This weekend, the lights on my phone began randomly turning on and off, switching between red, green, blue, and the whitish color which usually indicates the phone is charging. And something is sucking the battery dry as well: yesterday I charged it 3 times, but within a couple of hours of each charge, the battery was drained once again. Additionally, when I do a soft reset the phone turns off and immediately turns itself back on again. The screen also turns itself on and off by itself - as I write this the phone is next to me, turning the screen and lights off and on by itself. Either the phone needs to be exorcised, or something is seriously wrong with the battery.

One final note: when I check battery use, this is the only message I see: "While last unplugged for 1s." Suggestions gratefully accepted, thank you.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Ally battery and light struggles
AZSALUKI
Legend

you could try a factory reset. however, if it were me i would just get it replaced (i think they all have one year warranties so do it now instead of being out of luck in a couple of months).

0 Likes
biblios

I'm going to take my phone to a local Verizon Wireless store for a factory reset or replacement. This has been a good first smart phone, but this business with battery usage is annoying.

BTW, I'll leave this open until I get a resolution with Verizon. Thanks for your answer!

0 Likes
YaleK_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello biblios,

I would like to make sure you found a resolution to your concerns and restored the great experience you were having with your first smartphone.  Please let me know  if you do need additional assistance as I am happy to help. ^YK

0 Likes