LG Ally Vibrate Issue
phoenixus

Hey everyone, I'm hoping someone on this forum can help me out. 

Last Tuesday, my girlfriend bought a brand new LG ally. As soon as we turned it on, we were prompted to install a new update (the LG update, version 8).

The phone then worked perfectly for 4 days. Now though, vibrate doesn't work at all. We noticed the problem after I tried to turn on vibrate notifications for her text messaging. It did not work. Then I noticed that the haptic feedback no longer worked. I doubled checked to make sure both options were checked, and the volume was not muted.

Her sounds and ringtones still work perfectly. She hasn't installed too many apps (a couple of games, tikl, a few official apps). I've rebooted the phone multiple times and pulled the battery out for thirty seconds. I've also removed the SD card.

Is it for sure the version 8 update caused this issue or should we return the phone? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Ally Vibrate Issue
kristin82

I have the LG Ally, too and am experiencing the exact same problem. My phone stopped vibrating a few weeks ago, so I took it back to the store where they told me it was a factory defect. They sent me a new one, and that one eventually stopped vibrating too. I can't solve your problem for you (I'm sorry), but I can tell you that I've noticed that if you hit the phone very hard the vibrate should come back on. Or you can return it to the store, where they will perform the "factory reset" which will delete everything from your phone and let it start anew. Both times this happened to me, though, they realized that the phone was still defective. I was informed that if my third phone has the same problem, then they will give you the phone of your choice. Personally, (and regardless of what the customer service people told me), I think the phone isn't built well enough to support the vibrate option. Good luck. I'm sorry I couldn't really help, but I hope it made you feel better to know that someone else is having your problem, because everyone thought I was just crazy and **bleep** at first.

0 Likes
kristin82

For the record, I'm not quite sure why it "bleeped" something out of my message. I didn't say a curse word. I thought it was a quite appropriate message, personally.

0 Likes
phoenixus

Does anyone think this is a software related issue and we should just wait it out for when 2.2 is released?

0 Likes
phoenixus

Ok, I really think this is a software issue now. We turned off the option for vibrate in text messaging, and now the haptic feedback works again

0 Likes
tfch8184
Mine and my boyfriends allys just started doing this also. After taking the battry off it worked again but its frustrating. Our phones are only 10 days old....grrr to top off those issues we bought a usb device for our desktop and it just crashed yesterday. Now we have to see if we can return the usb in exchange for a netbook.....ill be livid if come tues I don't have a computer and can't watch rhonj reunion part 1...gotta have flash player for it.....I've never been let down by my verizon sales rep yet he better not start tonight.
0 Likes
phoenixus

Yep, and now her vibrate doesn't work again. After looking at multiple cases of this being reported across the internet, I'm almost positive now it is a problem with the last update pushed out by LG. No one reported this issue before their phone had the version 8 software. I think we need to bring this to the attention of LG ASAP.

0 Likes