LG Ally Ringtones - Where Do I Upload Them To via USB?
ctriana77

I can't use V Cast Media Manager because it does not run on 64 bit systems.

So, I upload via USB.

Question:

Where do I upload Ringtones via USB to Device ..... so they appear in the Ringtone list?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG Ally Ringtones - Where Do I Upload Them To via USB?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
This works for me so hopefully it works for you.
With the phone mounted to the computer via USB, copy/move the ringtones to the following folder.
SD card drive letter/media/audio/ringtones
Disconnect the phone from the computer like normal. You might have to power cycle the phone. Then the ringtones should show up in the list.

Also you can create/use "media/audio/alarms" and "media/audio/notifications" for custom alarm and notification sounds.

Hopefully this works for you.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
This works for me so hopefully it works for you.
With the phone mounted to the computer via USB, copy/move the ringtones to the following folder.
SD card drive letter/media/audio/ringtones
Disconnect the phone from the computer like normal. You might have to power cycle the phone. Then the ringtones should show up in the list.

Also you can create/use "media/audio/alarms" and "media/audio/notifications" for custom alarm and notification sounds.

Hopefully this works for you.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ctriana77

Thanks.. that worked.

I had the folder media > audio > ringtones from the beginning, but nothing I uploaded was appearing in the Ringtone list.

Until..... I cycled the phone.. that did the trick!

Much appreciated :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
planplanplanact

Odd.  I loaded MP3 files for use as ringtones.  Once in Music, opened and saved as ringtones.  They then appeared in ringtone list and worked - albeit reeaaalllly quietly. 

Later, the files disappeared from the ringtone selection list.  Very weird.  This continues to happen and I can't figure out why.

Strange thing.  Saved pic of wife as background, works. Now doesn't appear in pictures folder.

Is my phone possessed and losing files?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
@planplanplanact
I would suggest moving or copying the ringtones to the folders listed above. I had similar issues with mp3 files set as ringtones. That is until I moved the files to those folders. The ringtone list never forgot them again. BTW I starting using that file structure six months ago.

0 Likes
planplanplanact

OK, so create a file:

"media/audio/alarms" and "media/audio/notifications" for custom alarm and notification sounds.

To save an MP3 as a ringtone.  Other than removing my miniSD and using my PC to load and save files within a created file structure, how else can I do it?  I can't access any files using the phone's UI.  That's one of my surprises with this thing.  Heck, a few years ago I had a Motorola Q  and had full control of all files and functions and the only problem I had w/ that phoen was really poor signal reception. 

My Ally is a great source of sress.There's so much about it that is disappointing.  I want to trade it back in and probably get a D-2.  If that doesn't do what I want, I'll turn that in and just get a dang phone and cncell all the fancy stuff.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
You can download a file explorer from the market. I like Estrongs, but there is also Astro and others.

0 Likes