LG Ally: QWERTY board and home keys not working...
chevygirl635

I have had this phne for three days and while I was on the internet my phone rang and after that my keyboard and home keys didn't work, except for the off button. If my on screen board didn't work I wouldn't be able to use my phone at all. Before I go to the VW store and have a hissy fit and get another phone; did I somehow lock the keys is there some way to unlock them. The manual was of no assistance to me. I really don't want to go through the hassle to get another phone already. Thanks,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG Ally: QWERTY board and home keys not working...
blackmetalbuick
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not sure what exactly might have happened with your phone, but something worth trying for just about any strange problem is to take the battery out, walk away for a few minutes, then put it back in and power up the phone. Don't turn the phone off normally before doing this, just take the battery out while the phone is on. The Ally battery is a bit of a pain, I recommend taking the corner of a credit card and pushing it firmly into the notch at the top of the battery to release it. The credit card is soft enough that it won't scratch anything. Sorry if you've tried this already!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
blackmetalbuick
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not sure what exactly might have happened with your phone, but something worth trying for just about any strange problem is to take the battery out, walk away for a few minutes, then put it back in and power up the phone. Don't turn the phone off normally before doing this, just take the battery out while the phone is on. The Ally battery is a bit of a pain, I recommend taking the corner of a credit card and pushing it firmly into the notch at the top of the battery to release it. The credit card is soft enough that it won't scratch anything. Sorry if you've tried this already!

0 Likes
chevygirl635

I don't know what the problem was but ur right pulling the battery always seems to work!! Don't know y i didn't try before thanks!!!

0 Likes
vmanisme

I've had this happen once before when I was texting it just stopped working. I think its a crash in the operating system because android has a service for physical keyboards

0 Likes