LG Ally - Problems with Texting New Contacts
cshelleyes

I just got the Ally, and though I really like it, I've come to find one problem that really erks me. When I add a new contact, I can't message them by typing in their name in the provided space. Old contacts and facebook contacts show up, but never new ones. For instance, if I type the name "Shannon" (someone I just added) her number won't appear, only the number "7426666." I can message them by going through my contact list, but it's more tedious. Normally, I wouldn't care, but considering how much I'm paying to have this phone, I would just like it to work.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I didn't find anything related to this.

Thanks for any help! 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Ally - Problems with Texting New Contacts
LG_Pro
Contributor - Level 2

cshelleyes wrote:

I just got the Ally, and though I really like it, I've come to find one problem that really erks me. When I add a new contact, I can't message them by typing in their name in the provided space. Old contacts and facebook contacts show up, but never new ones. For instance, if I type the name "Shannon" (someone I just added) her number won't appear, only the number "7426666." I can message them by going through my contact list, but it's more tedious. Normally, I wouldn't care, but considering how much I'm paying to have this phone, I would just like it to work.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I didn't find anything related to this.

Thanks for any help! 

When you created the new contacts, which account did you create them under?  You had to assign them to one or more accounts.  Under contacts, then settings, the "Display Options" do you have all contacts selected to display?  I would check for all the settings  to make sure it's not being hidden for some reason.

When I create a new contact on my Ally, under my Google account , I can immediately go to Txt messaging and create a txt and when I type in the new name, it shows up in the suggested address bar and allows me to select it.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
In addition, some messaging apps have an option to only show contacts with mobile numbers. If you have this checked, and don't have their number saved as "mobile" it may not show up.
0 Likes
SouthernBell

You will have to make sure contacts numbers are saved under mobile or they won't show up when sending text messages.  I know this is annoying...

0 Likes
cshelleyes

Simple solution to an annoying problem. Can't believe I didn't think of it! Thanks all!

0 Likes
Collalini

I was having the same problem, except with almost all of my contacts.  It was driving me crazy!!!  I figured it out.  You need to make sure each number is entered in as a mobile number not a home number.  Once you change each one to mobile, then you can just start typing the persons name while you are in the create message window.  Hope this helps :smileyhappy:

0 Likes