LG Ally - Price drop credit?
blackmetalbuick
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hopefully a Verizon employee can respond to this.

I got the LG Ally as soon as it came out. Was waiting for it on the 20th of last month when it then got delayed an extra week. Then started going to local stores on the 27th to still be told that nobody had any in stock. Gave up and came home to order it online. Still have my receipt showing that the purchase was made less than a month ago (5/27).

Tonight I saw the Iron Man LG Ally TV spot changed to advertise a new price of $49.99. What the heck. Never would have imagined if I would have waited 3 short weeks I could save $50. I paid $99.99 and tagged two more years onto my contract with Verizon.

Ally must not be doing well compared to the Incredible or the Droid if there's a price drop already.

Any chance on getting the price difference credited towards my next bill or anything? With the way the Socialite app has crashed over the last few weeks and other complaints with this device are starting to pop up, I was almost thinking of returning it within the 30 days anyway. I might be persuaded to keep it if I can get this new low price on it.

Think I could get credited for this or are us "first month buyers" just getting shafted?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: LG Ally - Price drop credit?
blackmetalbuick
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone? The Verizon website also now lists the Ally at $49.99. A 50% price drop in less than a month is pretty ridiculous. Any way to get credited for this difference?

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

If it's less than 30 days, just call customer service and see if they'll credit it back.

0 Likes
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

Yeah. I'd say it can't hurt to try. I'd be interested to hear what they say. I wouldn't think they'd give you anything, but I could very easily be wrong. Let us know what they say.

If it's been less than 30 days, you might be able to say that if they don't give you the credit, you're going to use your 30-day guarantee and cancel it. Then you'll just wait a day and buy it again at the lower price. It might get them to give you the reduced price just to avoid the hassle.

0 Likes
blackmetalbuick
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just got back from my local corporate store $50 richer. :smileyhappy:

I brought in my receipt from the online order and there was no problem getting the difference credited to my account. So if you got your Ally recently, you might want to go check with your store. Honestly, compared to the Incredible, Droid X, and everything else coming out, the Ally is more accurately priced at $49.99 anyway. I feel better about having purchased it now.

0 Likes