LG Ally NIGHTMARE!!
viper04bv

Got an LG Ally in May of this year because my old phone was about to break. About a week later I started getting texts hours or DAYS after they were sent. The problem persisted and I didn't mind when it was just texts... Now I don't get calls (missed calls) half the time, and mid-shift at work a couple nights a week I get like 6+ voicemails from during the week, and like 15 text messages. Boyfriend works for same company I  do but in a different store, and we both get done around the same time... 3am or so each night. He will text me and then all of a sudden goes quiet.... I turn phone off and back on and get like 6 texts from him in rapid fire.  The touch screen and slide out qwerty keyboard fail to respond a few times a day as well. Called Verizon multiple times asking what to dod. Did factory resets, *228, everything.  Was even told by a SALES REP herself (while buying phone for boyfriend for christmas) and I quote "Yeah the Ally? That WAS a nice phone until the software upgrades recently, now they all suck and unfortunately you are nowhere near your upgrade date..." I have called Verizon since, got a pre-owned (someone else's defective device) phone sent to me ~2 weeks ago. Within a week the phone DIED for no reason at ALL and would not even turn on when plugged in. Had NO such problems with my previous phone. "New" phone also will NOT hang up calls 99% of the time because the touch screen does not work most of the time. I literally left my boyfriend a 7 minue long vmail the other day because I called his phone to help him find it and it wouldn't hang up! Called Verizon again to have another one sent out, and they said something about the text thing being a semi-common issue but the not turning on and the touch screen dying multiple times a day to the point where I have to pop out the battery to reboot my phone, is "unheard of and a fluke and we are very sorry this happened".

Does anyone else have these problems? Have they been fixed? I kinda need my phone for work. My boss (for whatever reason) likes to text us or call cell phones unless it's a DIRE emergency, then he calls the store phone. And 99% of the vmails and missed texts that flood in all at once are from at least ONE of my TWO bosses.

HELP! PLEASE! I have heard nothing but bad news about the Ally the past month or so, and I don't want to have to go through like 1000 of them before I can upgrade -not til Feb of 2013! :smileysad:

Labels (1)
0 Likes