LG Ally: Dropping Calls
karkar
Enthusiast - Level 2

My husband and I have LG Ally phones. Up until a month ago, we loved them. Now we drop calls, we get no signal, 3G works whenever it wants. We have called Verizon, we dropped calls while on the phone with them numerous times and they had to call us back. We have been in the store, done factory resets, dialed *228, etc., etc., etc. They did send us new phones from Asurion. When my hubby got his, he opened the box, activated it and proceeded to drop 4 calls! I am so frustrated! We have been customers of Verizon for over 10 years and that doesn't seem to matter. We pay too much $$ every month to not be able to use our phones. We were told that there is nothing that can be done until the Network people look into the problem. Nobody can tell me how that will take, and all the while we are left without reliable phone service. At this point, I want something resolved. Either get us phones strong enough to get a signal (at no cost to us) or waive our early termination fees so we can go somewhere else to get some decent service. I am just wondering if anybody was running across problems like this. I just want answers and resolution.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG Ally: Dropping Calls
karkar
Enthusiast - Level 2

As of this morning, a Verizon wireless customer service rep contacted my husband and updated us on the status of our problem. We were told that there is in fact an issue with the Ally phones in our area. We are being shipped different phones and are hoping that we will be satisfied customers after we receive these new phones. Thanks for everyone's input. Keep your fingers crossed that this works!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Do you know what your PRL number is? Go to settings > About phone > signal. They usually start with a 4 or a 5 depending on your voice plan. Are you on a Verizon plan or an old Alltel plan?

The conversation of the Alltel towers in the Omaha area should be complete by now.

Not sure what else to think that could help.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
karkar
Enthusiast - Level 2

The signal strength reads as follows: -90 dBm 0 asu. My Android version is 2.2.2, the SW Version is VS740ZVE.  I am a Verizon customer, not Alltel. I have not had a problem like this until a month ago. We have a toddler and it is an uneasy feeling knowing that we do not have a reliable phone, since these phones took the place of our home phone. I am extremely frustrated by the lack of concern and the lack of answers. I am concerned because of the fact that we are not getting answers and we don't have the money for early termination fees, or new phones at retail price, or anything like that. We have not done anything to damage these phones and I don't think we should be responible for replacing them.

0 Likes
MonycaLeach
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also had the LG Ally. The phone just sucks in general. If my phone wasn't under a business account I would totally do an early termination. Verizon will NEVER help you with your problem. I suggest going to another service because Verizon has the worse costumer service and never really helps anyone with their problems. 

0 Likes
ChaunceyM_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you to the other Community Members for your input. I can understand your frustration and I want to work with you to find a solution.  I will send you a PM. Please reply and include your wireless number and the best time to contact you. 

ChaunceyM_@VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
karkar
Enthusiast - Level 2

As of this morning, a Verizon wireless customer service rep contacted my husband and updated us on the status of our problem. We were told that there is in fact an issue with the Ally phones in our area. We are being shipped different phones and are hoping that we will be satisfied customers after we receive these new phones. Thanks for everyone's input. Keep your fingers crossed that this works!

0 Likes
kel_jo26

I have had the same problem. Was able to at least talk in my room with my alley and when the phone updated I drop calls all the time. I have a child with special needs so I too understand that we should have more reliable coverage. Another problem that we have had is with receiving text messages. We will be texting and than it will stop working... hours later I will receive 5+ text message all at the same time that were sent hrs ago and at that time I have been in an area with coverage.

I can't believe how difficult these phones have become. There are 3 people on my plan and we all have the Alley and all are having problems and not hate the phone. But really is it the phone or just Verizon coverage?

0 Likes
jsttryn2talk

I live in Tampa, FL area and have SAME problem. I loved my LG ALLY at first but for the last 5 months I have been nothing but frustrated with it! Dropped calls OFTEN happen at home, very frustrating especially when it's to family out of state. Also frustrating when talking to grown kids who are out and about and just checking in with mom (me) to let me know they made it safe to their destination or what their plans are. I too have called Verizon about 3 times about this and been told several things. Told there are 15 towers out here by me and I shouldn't be dropping calls....but I am. Told they will file a report to "network" people as well to have them "check on MY service".....yeah right, nothing has ever happened to improve it. The ALLY has frequently frozen and I've had to remove the battery to get it to work again. Keyboard has frozen during texting as well and I've gone to touch screen to try and finish the text, usually that works and sometimes will allow me to go back to the keyboard and finish, but not always. It now says my texting and phone storage is full and even though I have deleted many texts and several pictures and emails it just won't allow me to receive or send text messages. I have only downloaded maybe 3-4 apps, I do have a lot of pictures (who can resist?) and have tried to find where I could transfer them to my SD card but neither I nor my teenager can figure out how. I have a daughter who got so frustrated with Verizon customer service at their bonafide Verizon store that she paid the early termination fees and went to At&T and bought an iphone. She is very happy. One son went with Verizon's iphone but I believe my daughter pays $80 a mos vs his $110 and she gets everything he does. Frustrating.....

0 Likes
calldropvictim

My problem is the same as everyone else's: Got my phone, everything was fine for a few months, but for the past 6 months I have terrible reception in my home, dropping calls like crazy, etc. I'm the only one in my house with an LG Ally, and the only one having problems! We are Verizon customers, and I'm still under contract with this stupid phone!  I've heard of add-on signal boosters and some folks say they're great; others say they're a hoax. What do you know? I was told that Verizon was experiencing problems in my area, but why am I the only one of four people in my house having problems? Must be the phone!

0 Likes