Kyocera Brigadier USB port cover replacement
EugeneNine

My son was playing with the USB cover on my phone.  Can I buy a replacement USB cover, don't really want to send the phone back since there are no other issues.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Kyocera Brigadier USB port cover replacement
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the rubber flap is torn off, Kyocera will need to repair this for you. The flap is locked internally and requires opening the phone to replace properly. Otherwise, a third party case could substitute in a cover so long as you're willing to accept the water resistance will be a bit less.

0 Likes
min504
Enthusiast - Level 1

realize this is not new post - but if anyone had same problem i also just went through here is more info - called kyocera - they offered to either fix at their  center or would send me the port cover if i felt i could perform repair - i had them send the part and put it on myself - it does require a tri wing screwdriver - was not a hard repair

AuroraArctic
Enthusiast - Level 1

I contacted Kyocera directly as the other user suggested.   They are sending me a replacement USB Charging port Cover with the instructions to replace it myself at no cost.  The agent did inform me that "it might some time for me to get it once he sent the request".    I used the online chat and had to provide my phone number, email, name, and the IMEI number of my device.  I am currently waiting for them to contact me with further instructions. 

0 Likes