Knock On
480ME2015

3 days ago my knock on feature stopped working and have noticed what might be dead spots in the screen first playing angry birds.  I tested again using the notebook app and there are dead spots, but in some cases it seems to be pressure related and need to press very hard to dry lines in the bad spot at the top of the screen.  I have done checked / unchecked knock on gestures and performed a full factory reset and the problem persists.  I tried to file a claim via the Asurion website,  but said that the issue was not covered. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Knock On
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Good to hear.

Verify your Refurbished phone works before sending in the broken device. When you do send in the broken device take a photo or write down the tracking number and keep the receipt.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

How long have you had the device? What insurance are you paying for? (Is it $7 or $11 a month)

If you've had the device less than 12 months and there is zero damage to it you could potentially file a manufactures warranty claim.

If you're paying for Asurion insurance and it's past the 12 months I would look to see which one you're actually paying for. I believe the $11 is for Total Protection and you would be covered.

0 Likes
480ME2015

thanks for your help.  I have had the device for almost 2 years to the day and have the $11 plan.  I have the device in a case and there is no physical damage.  I tried to file a claim in the Asurion site but will call someone or try to at least.  Will report back, but thank you!

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

What happened when you tried online?

Just to verify, you went here:

Cell Phone File Insurance Claim Total Mobile Protection | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
480ME2015

I did.  But, I called Verizon directly just now and they are sending me a refurbished G2 to replace mine.  Good phone so I am happy

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Good to hear.

Verify your Refurbished phone works before sending in the broken device. When you do send in the broken device take a photo or write down the tracking number and keep the receipt.

0 Likes