Kitkat upgrade or downgrade?
johndad3

I am EXTREMELY unhappy with the new "up"grade from jellybean to kitkat on my razr hd.  Did Verizon even look at or test the new system before releasing it?  The whole messaging system is garbage; it looks cheap and you can only delete one line of a conversation at a time or the whole thread unlike before where you could select any number of lines in a thread to delete at one time.  Not to mention that Swype is gone. The lock screen used to have a widget to turn the sound off, which was handy for meetings, without having to go into your phone to turn it to silent.  The icons on the notification bar and in settings are now bland and colorless, where before everything was in color and now you can't tell if your wi-fi is connected because it used to show blue when it was connected and now everything is black and white and gray.  Every app you go into seems to lag, hang or hiccup.  The notification\clock circle and messaging icon show there are new texts even after all have been read and\or responded to.  Lastly, battery life amounts to nothing.  Phone usage has not changed since the new "up"grade and battery life is 50% lower than it was before the "up"grade.  Seriously considering paying the E.T.F. and switching to a new carrier unless Verizon can get their cranial rectal inversion fixed and bring back what was once good.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Kitkat upgrade or downgrade?
pizzapablo
Contributor - Level 1

I am with you, on most of the changes.

My WiFi reception seems weaker and the phone is on 3G in areas that used to receive 4G.

I don't have the battery issue, but I have experienced the lag in loading apps, especially forum apps.

I don't understand why we lost the ability to have app shortcuts on the lock screen.

I don't understand why the service bars don't change color, showinf connection activity.

I don't understand why the messaging app is all white. I am now using Handcent for sms/mms.

I am using a RAZR M that was upgraded, cache wiped and factory reset and am still having these issues.

0 Likes
Re: Kitkat upgrade or downgrade?
Patience_Gone
Contributor - Level 3

I am with you.  This Kit Kat has completely changed how I can use my phone. I remember 2 weeks ago when I could use my phone to make calls, send and receive text messages, and i used to be able to get calls too. People from all over would call me.  Those were the good old days.  But Kit Kat has changed all of that now.  Its a new world and we have to learn to adjust and move on.   Now thanks to Kit Kat my Galaxy S4 is my main remote control for my tv.  I mean I wouldn't have normally spent $600 on a tv remote for a $200 tv, but what can you do. Its Android.  They know what's best. 

0 Likes