Kitkat problems - Sluggish, Slow, Battery Drains on NOTE 3
nicosiaperry
Enthusiast - Level 2

Kitkat was upgraded on my Samsung Note 3 today.  Nothing but problems and really loved my phone before this.  The phone is so slow and sluggish and just not very responsive.  It takes so long to type a text message.  I did a factory reset and that did not help.  I've done some research and it doesn;t seem like I'm alone.  Can anyone help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Kitkat problems - Sluggish, Slow, Battery Drains on NOTE 3
nicosiaperry
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had a S-view cover on my phone.   Put on the back cover that came with the phone and it works great again.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

View solution in original post

0 Likes
fullofentropy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same observation, but only when WiFi is enabled on the device.  Let me know if you figure out how to fix it.

0 Likes
nicosiaperry
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had a S-view cover on my phone.   Put on the back cover that came with the phone and it works great again.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

0 Likes
hnabbasi

I am having a battery drainage issue. I used to get 22-28 hours with low-moderate usage. Now I barely get 17-18 hours regardless of usage. "Android System" and "Android OS" seems to eat up all my battery. Verizon was late to the KitKat party and turned out to be a part-pooper with minor updates and major problems. Come on Verizon, get it together.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry that you're experiencing these difficulties with your phone hnabbasi! Let's see if we can improve that battery life! Please try removing SD card and then placing phone in Safe Mode for about 24 hours. Let's see if this makes a difference with your battery life. Please keep us posted.

http://vz.to/1q4hjfF

http://vz.to/1lyMqiz

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
fullofentropy
Enthusiast - Level 2

hnabbasi

Have you noticed that you only have a high battery drain when the WiFi is enabled?  This is the issue with me.  Before the update I had not batter drain issues associated with WiFi, after the updated, the phone is pretty useless only working for less than 8 hours.

0 Likes
hnabbasi

It doesn’t matter for me. It still eats up my battery.

I did try the safe mode for 2 hours, it seems to not drain the battery. Meaning it is a third party app. Huh. Now I need to start digging to see which app is acting up. Still, this was not the case before KitKat .

PS: Thank you Verizon for the SAFE MODE tip.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying hnabbasi. I recommend trying a hard reset, without a restore as the next step. I would only add apps on a case by case basis. I see your earlier post stated about 17 hours of battery life. Please be assured that is well within average. Battery life can fluctuate over time and with an update. I've experienced the same circumstances on my own device. http://vz.to/1lWXqsc

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
fullofentropy
Enthusiast - Level 2

This issue was eventually fixed by doing a full hardware reset.   The the initial rom update was a waste of my time in getting the phone back in working order and the update process glitch should have been found by the testers in your development team.  (I am a Test Lead for a SCRUM based SW dev team)

0 Likes