KitKat update sucks. Motorolla, how do I fix....
BonhamR
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, how do I fix...

Text Background has gone from black to white and text from white to black.  I want my black background and white text back please.

Group texting no longer works.  My phone knows they are there and indicates I have a msg, but it's nowhere to be found.  Even more annoying to get rid of the msg indicator I have to delete all threads due to this.

I often do not receive a text notification.

I don't want the **** texts to show up where my clock is.  How do I make that go away?

Blocks callers can now text me again.

I now have to turn off Bluetooth and turn it back on to get my devices to connect.

No swype.  Really?  I know, download an ap (because Ice Cream Sandwich is lame).

I'm sure I'll find other "New and improved" drawbacks to Ice Cream Sandwich.  I wonder when I'll notice something that's actually improved.  There was some kind of point to this 'update' wasn't there?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: KitKat update sucks. Motorolla, how do I fix....
BonhamR
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oops, with the Swype comment obviously I mean KitKat is lame.  Boy I'm just batting 1000 today with the brain-farts.

0 Likes
Re: KitKat update sucks.  Motorolla, how do I fix....
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BonhamR We apologize for the issues since the Kit Kat update. All manufactures which released the update working on a fix. In the meantime, some customers have found success with basic troubleshooting. As for the text, swype and background concerns, this is how the device is intended to function so there is not a fix for those features.

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

I cannot answer all of this but I can answer part of it for you.

To remove the Text notifications from the Circle Widget swipe the small circle down so it flips over. Clock on the gear that is there and uncheck Text Messages and the notifications for Text Messages will NO longer show up in there.

BonhamR
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, as part of the 'update', features were removed.

This update didn't add anything I use.  However, not only did it change things away from how I wanted them (i.e. text colors - and that's a pretty damn simple thing to give us control of how we want them), but it broke other things (like group texts - who's the brainiac that missed that in testing?) and you actually removed stuff I did use.

Nice job.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

KitKat changed the entire way people work on their phone. I am only aware of 1 or 2 things that I actually like better, but those are all behind the scenes things. I do not like the anew Text platform, the restrictions on the SD card, the removal of the mute icon when you unlock the screen, or the removal of anything from the lock screen to be complete here.

0 Likes
BonhamR
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, it kinda baffles me why you'd want to implement more restrictive software from the users perspective.  Was someone at Motorola bribed to buy in to KitKat or something?

Maybe it'll be a non-Motorola phone for me next time.  At the rate companies put out new phones I'm sure there's something out there who's maker is more customer/user savvy.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

From what I heard the more restrictiveness comes from the Computer world as the philosophy is, you can have one computer in the house and multiple users on the computer so they decided to make the Android OS follow suit so that you can share your phone with other members of your house.  I have never heard a good use case for that as I do not believe people share their cell phones like they do a computer. someone clearly thought of this one around midnight of a good drinking holiday.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since the phones and the tablets use the same Android OS, the multiple users is more apparent on the tablet. Some manufacturers have included a version of the multiple user function with the addition of a "kids" mode which restricts access to parts of the device. Even those phones that don't have a kids mode, how many times have you seen parents hand over their phones to their own kids to entertain them for a while? At least with the SD card updates Johnny's game now doesn't have access to Mom's Google docs and can't accidentally delete them.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
stevemk
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is by far the worst OS downgrade is probably more accurate. It sucks completely. You have a lot of people that are oviously unhappy with KitKat. You need to remedy this complete fiasco.