KitKAT update is DOOM
ua2377
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too am experiencing MANY issues!

WiFi signal has gone to next to nothing (then switches to data plan..)

I can no longer take good video, it skips and jumps...

I can no longer watch videos cleanly...Netflix, personal videos, youtube, all jumpy

my 4g is in and out, goes to 3g...or just stops...

my phone restarts itself 4 or 5 times a day...

it locks up often...

I get a message box that states...sorry, amazon, or whatever other app. has stopped, 20 times a day...

I cannot attach pics to text all the time...

NONE OF THESE ISSUES WERE THERE THE HOUR BEFORE THE UPGRADE!!!

I spent lots of time with Verizon troubleshooting...no dice there...one guy even said that due to a crack on my phone, that's why these issues are there...please note, I cracked the top of the screen the third day I had this phone...no issues then, or for nearly the year since...no there is!

They directed me to Motorola...Motorola said its Verizon, but had me do the same steps as Verizon...Verizon then said, oh its googles issue.

I am stuck with this phone til I either PAY outright for a new one, or I get the contract redo discount in 14 months!!!

I HAVE DECIDED I WILL PUT A NEW POST UP DAILY UNTIL THIS IS HANDLED...WHY SHOULD I PAY FOR SOMETHING THAT DOESNT WORK, DUE TO SOMETHING I DIDNT DO.

ITS NOT LIKE THERE ISNT HUNDREDS OF SIMILAR COMPLAINTS...ARE WE ALL LYING???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: KitKAT update is DOOM
Skyke101
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon could care less if your phone works.... they know that the kit kat update has ruined thousands of phones and they are ecstatic about it. They have even come up with a new program for dis-satisfied phone owners whose phone no longer works because of the kit kat update, it is called 'The Edge'....  they will sell you a new S5 on a lease to buy program (yes, it is that expensive) and they know that you will eventually give in. Nobody will do anything to make Verizon fix the Kit Kat problem, and they are going to rake in millions because of it!

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

To think about it just before the KitKat update was released, this forum was full of people complaining they didn't have KK, Verizon was always last at providing updates, people were calling for class action suits, and pretty much people were agitated to no end because they don't have their KK.  You just got to wonder sometimes.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

ua2377. Back up all your pictures, video, downloaded files, music to a PC. Copy down important contacts, and also your email settings. Jot down where you have placed icons for programs on your home screens.

Perform a "hard reset", also known as a Factory Data Reset.

This may not clear all of your issues, but for many - it does. Doing this might make your experience with the phone bearable. You still might have MMS or simultaneous WiFi/Bluetooth issues...I think the only way those are getting fixed is via a patch.

Many of these issues result because people fail to perform a FDR post-update. However, there are some known issues with KK. For the latter to be fixed, Google needs to be addressing them with the OEMs and getting patches into the hands of the carriers.

I don't believe for a minute there is some effort underway by the carriers to push people into other programs. In this case, I think an OS upgrade was simply provided to  too many OEMs and carriers without sufficient detailed testing.

Problems are not limited to Motorola devices on VZW.

Good luck.

0 Likes
ua2377
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have done this so far Steph7:

soft reset, factory data rest

then a hard reset

then a partition clear

then an application reset..

then REPEAT of all that

I feel I have done all that is possible!

thanks for your help!

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

If you did a hard reset. Are behaviors better?

Go into settings and change tethering and networks ! Mobile networks ! System select ! Network mode to lte/cdma  if it is currently global. I've seen this reported elsewhere as possible contributor to battery consumption.

Power off phone and back on.

Go through three charge cycles so the phone can establish a better model of battery % remaining.

0 Likes