Kindle App Update Failure (LG Ally)
ncoclub
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yesterday I uploaded the newest update for my Kindle app on my LG Ally. Now whenever I start the app the whole phone slows down. Menus appear even though I didn't push anything. The screen locks up on a page. Can't scroll to the next page. The dictionary pops up for no reason. I deleted the app and reinstalled it. It did no good. The phone works fine after I do a force close so I'm sure its the app. I e-mailed my problem to Amazon but they want me to call to fix the problem. I only have my cell-phone here at home, no landline so it would be difficult (impossible) for them to go over the fix over the cell-phone. When I am able to get into the app, I see many complaints from other users for the exact same problem...any suggestions?   

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Kindle App Update Failure (LG Ally)
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't recall the size of the Kindle app, but it might be almost too large for LG Ally to handle.  Do you have the app running from the internal memory of the phone or did you move it to the SD card?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ncoclub
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tries it both ways, running from the phone and running from the sd card. neither works.  If what you are saying is true I am going to be ticked off at Amazon. If an update is not compatible with any device they should be posting it before people download any updates. I see this over and over again...people whose app is working fine until they load an update then BLAM!!!! nothing but issues. I have contacted amazon and they are passing my info along to the developers to (hopefully) get an answer for me.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't use the Kindle app, but when I checked it in the Play Store, it clocks in at 13+MB.  Which is quite large in my opinion.  There are others that are larger.  However for a phone with as little space as the LG Ally, it can really bog down the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ncoclub
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you are right than they better offer an earlier version for me to download that doesn't take so much space. I checked my available space and I have 54KB available. I am thinking that the developers made a mistake when they developed the update and need to correct it.

0 Likes