nanners313
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone know anything about this messenger app and does it use a lot of my data?  KIK Messenger.

I installed it to use with my daughter and so far it's much faster than texting.

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: KIK
laguss

I use this app often with my sister that's station in Korea (I'm in Atlanta, GA). It works GREAT! I don't know how much data it uses though because my plan is unlimited. Enjoy!  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i don't use it, but i know it does use data. i'm not sure if it uses any more data than any other messaging app though? it's an "instant messaging" app (as opposed to text messaging), which means it stays running/open and the text is sent and received instantly, over the data network. i use AIM (aol instant messaging) at work with coworkers, and gtalk (google's instant messaging service) on my phone. it's a great way to communicate.

0 Likes
nanners313
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks everyone! So far I like KIK and doesn't seem to use a lot of data. I don't send pics and such which I know uses more. I don't have text on my phone, can't afford any higher monthly bill, This will work good for my daughters, in Kentucky , Texas and Arizona. 

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

you should look into "google voice." i believe you can send actual texts with it, without them being "texts" from your phone. you can do a TON of other stuff with it as well......all through your data package i believe.

0 Likes