Just received Eris update! Works awesome but some HTC widgets missing and a few other things
ErisMan

The phone seems much faster now, I love it.  There are only a few things.

1) My Facebook contacts don't seem to be syncing yet, maybe it takes a little while

2) I can't find the weather/clock widget, or any clock widgets in the HTC widgets.  There are only a few available, when you click on add more you see a few more but it is not there.  When clicking on update it just keeps saying no additional widgets available.

3) This is going to sound crazy but I can't find where to set the trackball settings.  In Sound and Display you can set the blinking LED light  for calls, SMS, etc. but no trackball?  This one I probably am just looking in the wrong place.

Does anyone have any ideas?  I am sure I can't be the only one.  Thank you all in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Just received Eris update! Works awesome but some HTC widgets missing and a few other things
ErisMan

Also I don't have the 3D Gallery thing but maybe that was not included in the OTA update

0 Likes
Re: Just received Eris update! Works awesome but some HTC widgets missing and a few other things
lydschacon
Ugh I'm having the same problem..also do we not support live wallpapers?!
0 Likes
ErisMan

The clock and weather widget is big for me, I look at that all day long!  Also I don't have a calendar HTC widget in the list either.  It was like the entire HTC app list didn't load correctly or something.  

0 Likes
lydschacon
I know and I miss the Twitter widget and the msgs one..I can't seem to find a way to put my bookmarks up either..
0 Likes
ErisMan

Another thing that I have that I see on other forums is you can't get it to automatically lock any more by pushing the red phone button.  

0 Likes
lydschacon
Hmmm that's weird mine still works I like that the icons are smaller
0 Likes
Remy083

Having the same problem with Facebook.

0 Likes
pvr

When I try to link a contact with facebook it says there are no matches found.  I've got the phone setup to sync with my facebook account but except for my contact card nothing else will sync up.

0 Likes
laisaetern2009

I have the same issue you guys, I updated the software on my Eris around noon today and the HTC apps are no where to be found (i.e. clock with weather, footprints, mail, wi-fi/3g widgets). The widgets are missing but the apps are still in the phone...so it's confusing. I called Verizon Support and they couldn't help me out after waiting 40 minutes for a transfer. They gave me a number to call HTC but I haven't yet. This update has a glitch because my nephew and brother-in-law, who both have Erises don't have this issue. 

When I click the "+" on the right side of the main screen, HTC Widget is missing many widgets which is weird. Hopefully they fix this issue and I'm glad I'm not the only one facing this issue.

0 Likes