Just got the LG Vortex... Sooooo Confused and Frustrated
sakamp

Ok I am going to list out the things I have been trying to figure out how to do but just can't. And hopefully someone will have answers for me.

1. First off, is there a tutorial for navigating the interface? I have only found tutorials about the hardware.

2. This is my first smartphone so I feel like a bit of an idiot, but how do I manage the applications? I found how to buy and download all kinds of crap I don't need. But I would like to streamline the applications that are already on there and get rid of many of them. I'd also like to move the applications around. Like I don't need Navigator on my home window. Id like to just junk it.

3. The **bleep** weather on my home screen does not recognize my city. But accuweather who the widget is made by does. How do I add my city to the widget?

4. How do I add pictures from my computer? How do I save pictures to my device from another SD card?

5. Why am I paying an extra $30 per month for internet when I have wifi everywhere I go and the phone keeps telling me it can't access half the pre installed apps because I'm not connected???

Please Help!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Just got the LG Vortex... Sooooo Confused and Frustrated
sakamp

No replies?

This phone is driving me crazy! I just lost several phone numbers. I had downloaded the Facebook app. And then downloaded contact. But got hundreds of contacts who I do not know. So while going through to delete the random contacts I noticed that several of my regular needed contacts were gone too.

I have read through the entire Verizon tutorial on this phone and it hasn't answered any of my questions. I need HELP!

0 Likes
mjahan2

I have found an expanded UG for LG Vortex. It is 340 pages in PDF format. [Edited to comply with Terms of Service]

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend
Why did the mode edit your link to a user guide? Not sure how that violates our TOS? anyhow, Google your device name and user manual or guide. You'll find a very large manual that you can download. Honestly though, if you have any friends or family that own an Android of any type, I would ask them to spend an hour with you to show you how to use it. You can also search YouTube for various instructional videos.
0 Likes
LG_Pro
Contributor - Level 2

sakamp wrote:

Ok I am going to list out the things I have been trying to figure out how to do but just can't. And hopefully someone will have answers for me.

1. First off, is there a tutorial for navigating the interface? I have only found tutorials about the hardware.

2. This is my first smartphone so I feel like a bit of an idiot, but how do I manage the applications? I found how to buy and download all kinds of crap I don't need. But I would like to streamline the applications that are already on there and get rid of many of them. I'd also like to move the applications around. Like I don't need Navigator on my home window. Id like to just junk it.

3. The **bleep** weather on my home screen does not recognize my city. But accuweather who the widget is made by does. How do I add my city to the widget?

4. How do I add pictures from my computer? How do I save pictures to my device from another SD card?

5. Why am I paying an extra $30 per month for internet when I have wifi everywhere I go and the phone keeps telling me it can't access half the pre installed apps because I'm not connected???

Please Help!!!

1. There are several Tutorials at www.knowmycell.com ...  The ones you want to look at are the ones for the Optimus-V, it's very similar in operation to the Vortex....  There will also be more tutorials available on www.lgforum.com in the "How Do I" section
  2. Deleting Apps?  You can delete application from the Settings menu, under Applications, Manage Apps.  Just highlight the app you want to uninstall, and if it's uninstalable, the Uninstall Button will be available.  -NOTE- ALL Adroid phones come with preinstalled applications showing off the capabilies of the phone and operating system.  Unfortunately most of them Cannot be installed from your phone.
  3. Interesting tha the Weather Widget does not recognize your city...  As far as I can see there isn't a way to add cities to it's database, so you'll need to select the closest city you can find.  I have also installed WeatherBug and I really like it.  It alows you to search for location by Zip Code, or to use the Phones GPS to tell it where it's at.
  4. You can use the USB Cable to connect your Phone to your PC and copy files back and forth.  You will need to install the USB drivers for your Vortex which are available on www.lgforum.com in the Drivers & Resource section...  There should be tutorials on how to connect to your pc.
  5. Some communication requires your 3G connection to connect to wireless services.
  6. When you added your Facebook account to the Vortex, did you have sync your Facebook contacts?  If so, you will have a lot of unwanted contacts, most likely....  I would delete the Facebook account and then readd it but tell not to sync the contacts.
  7. Some of you contacts are missing??  I think they are still there, Googl has just turned them off.  Go to the Contact Manager, then Settings, next, Display Option, and make sure all of your contacts are turned on (Have a check mark by the account)

I hope this helps.

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

sakamp wrote:

No replies?

This phone is driving me crazy! I just lost several phone numbers. I had downloaded the Facebook app. And then downloaded contact. But got hundreds of contacts who I do not know. So while going through to delete the random contacts I noticed that several of my regular needed contacts were gone too.

I have read through the entire Verizon tutorial on this phone and it hasn't answered any of my questions. I need HELP!

Thank you LG_Pro for addressing all items on the Original Post!

In review of the posts, I would like to add that all Smartphones (Android, Blackberry, Palm, Windows Mobile, iPhone) must have a Data Plan due to the easy access to the internet and email services. We understand that you may also connect to WiFi networks with some Smartphones and this give you the ability to turn off the 3G connection if you choose to do so.

Please keep in mind that we also offer free Smartphone workshops for customers who are new to Smartphones. You can sign up for a free Smartphone workshop at the link below:

https://vzwworkshops.wds.vzw.com/vzwworkshops

0 Likes