Jelly Bean Update Droid 4 phone
tutu1

Do I have to update to jelly bean? And is not how do I stop the update request?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Jelly Bean Update Droid 4 phone
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why don't you want to update the operating system of the phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well i'll answer that..  This way the answer is  No  you don't have to "update" you can push if off as long as you like i'm doing this on one of my Razr Maxx's).  Your phone can take the O.T.A.  just don't down load the OS into the phone or you will have the New Update..

Now that being said my other Razr Maxx  does have it and it's not doing to bad with the new Updated OS  there are some minor issues though.. One i'm seeing and so are others with there new Motorola's is the Apps.!  Google's Music Play  and Google Voice Commands are Clashing that is when you update the Music App..  It's causing Commands to Close down but if you Uninstall the Music App back to Factory.. Voice Commands will start to Work again..  But this is Only happening on my Jelly Bean Razr Maxx  i'm not seeing the Issue on my Ice Cream Sandwich Razr Maxx..

But other than this little set back.. It's not a bad OS   b33 Smiley Happy  Too add.. If you have any more Questions fill free to ask i'm on here most of the Time..

0 Likes
marcus01
Enthusiast - Level 2

>> Duplicate post removed for cross-posting violations per the

See for original message <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there tutu@!

A sweet treat like jelly bean should would love installation on your device, but still I'm happy to answer your question.

Truth is, you don't have to update to jelly bean necessarily. If you're only receiving the update request, you can push this off and ignore it. However, there's no way to stop the update request. Updates are supposed to be beneficial to your device's functionality and we do recommend them. As a matter of fact, check out some of the benefits and you can decide for youself http://bit.ly/16XCIjJ .

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
marcus01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Don't believe the lies they tell you tutu@ ! You should go Google it and read ALL the negative reviews.

You purchase the phone, but you don't really own it....they control it by continuously PUSHING updates that cause nothing but headaches.

If it were your choice, you WOULD be able to avoid the update. But they have it where as it will bug you to death until you give in and update. Now why can they not correct it? Go figure.

0 Likes