Itunes on Droids
katie_k

Can you use an itunes account to download music onto the droid? I am looking at getting a droid, but I love my ipod touch and want to make sure if I get a droid that I can still download my  music from itunes on it. Any help is welcome!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Itunes on Droids
Tidbits
Legend

Yes and no. You have to use a 3rd party app to do it. iTunes will not do it by itself. Songs and such if they are DRM protected will not be playable.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

if you are an itunes person get the iphone, you will be happier in the end

0 Likes
redwizard69

I uploaded my music to the Google music cloud and can access it from anywhere. It works for me. The upload is slow but......

0 Likes
StevGnex
Enthusiast - Level 2

If u are like me and want backup copy or have a copy for reaccessing to copy to mp3 player or now to my phone. i have my itunes dwnloded on pc in default locale- my documents/my music/itunes/itunes media/my music and via windows media player synced all or some of my tunes to phone easily.  Can directly copy/paste music file via usb connecting phone into phones designated music folder, i had to create one on sd card. there are instructions on music files transferring on forum or via phone's "help icon" located in apps area of phone where u are able to lookup how to etc.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

its only worth putting it in Google music or a cloud if he has unlimited data unless he is only wifi everytime he wants to listen to it.

0 Likes
StevGnex
Enthusiast - Level 2

suggestion was offered as to how can use itunes, so I proposed one way; yes playing songs now would be on google music player if loaded to phone and playing off cloud would not be ideal feasible way, unless u like run battery down and use data up, except wifi.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I don't use iTunes personally, but I have heard that DoubleTwist (in the market) works really well for syncing with iTunes: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.doubleTwist.androidPlayer&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGw...

Wildman
Legend

Double Twist is the closes thing you will find to sync itunes with android without much issues..

0 Likes
StevGnex
Enthusiast - Level 2

Like all apps updates are killers for a great product. based on past couple days its not as "Vwunderful" as predecessor. Reviewers of apps would benefit others by posting what phone being used and what/how they have other phone settings arranged- using app killer or smart action, etc.

0 Likes