It's the age of technology but don't tell anybody!!!
FLLisa

Wow, after almost 20 years with Verizon/PrimeCo I am ready to switch carriers. I was excited to receive an email offer for the new smartphone Droid Incredible for $149. But when I spoke to my friend in Texas, he told me that he received a similar offer for $49. Verizon says different regions get different promos. And we aren't suppose to share that information. Seriously???

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: It's the age of technology but don't tell anybody!!!
Not applicable

It's a very common practice for companies to offer different promotions in different parts of the country for various reasons. 

0 Likes
FLLisa

I understand that every business has the right to choose how they "go to market" with their product . I don't have to like it but I can share the information with my friends, all 3532 of them on facebook. I just can't imagine why a customer service representative would tell me that I am not suppose to share my special offers with my friends. Or why she would get nasty with me when I thought it was silly. Oh and she is not allowed to cancel my order. I have to wait for Verizon to spend the money to FedEX my phone overnight, refuse delivery and then when Verizon gets the phone back - it will be cancelled. I guess Verizon has money to burn.

0 Likes
Not applicable

So, you're going to refuse your phone because your friend can get a better deal than you can?  I would think $149 is a good price.

0 Likes
gainesville
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey Lisa, just to add a littel fuel to your fire, I thought you may be interested in this little factoid that I dug up;

The name "Verizon," is derived by combining the word "veritas," a Latin term that means "truth," and the word "horizon." Together, they are supposed to conjure images of reliability, certainty, leadership, and limitless possibilities.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I suspect your friend has a $100 NE2 credit and a $50 credit that has been offered to them. That $50 credit is subscriber specific.

0 Likes
FLLisa

We both got exactly the same email except his says $49 and mine says $149. We both got our LG EnVs together 2 years ago. So we are both eligible for every 2 year phone and our contracts have expired.

0 Likes
FLLisa

For about 10 mins it seemed like a great price. I just don't think it's fair business practice.

0 Likes
FLLisa

Thanks. I think Verizon has gotten too big to care about their customers. I can remember when PrimeCo would call to tell me that there was a better plan and that I could save money if I switched. Verizon's success and growth has been due to their loyal customers. If they don't want to offer the same deal to everybody...ok. But I think they should match the offer if I find out there is a better deal and call them on it.

0 Likes