Issues with receiving text from iphone users
LSigler

About a month ago I switched from an iPhone 4 to the Samsung S4 and realized that I'm unable to receive text messages from my iPhone user friends. I figured trying to trade in my iPhone 4 to Verizon would help but I still have not been able to receive messages from most of my family and friends.This is very frustrating not being able to have a conversation because I cant receive a reply. I even un-registered my phone from Apple, deleted msg threads, and even had to tell my friends to turn off imessage and still nothing. HELP PLEASE!! I will take any suggestions.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Issues with receiving text from iphone users
meddler
Enthusiast - Level 1

Turn off iMessage. You'll have to log into your apple account online since you don't have your iPhone. iMessage is awful and always messes things up.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ml54643

switches fron an iphone 4s to a HTC droid DNA, at first I had no issues then somewher between november 6-15th I stopped getting text messages from iphone users, I emailed HTC support about the issue and everything they suggested did not work and finally said Verizon needs to look at it, havent brought it in yet. Now i get some messages but not all, majority of them I do not get. This issue is only from iphone users and not limited to att, as some friends have iphones with sprint, verizon and att as well as others, NEED HELP PLEASE!

0 Likes
EpJayhawks12
Contributor - Level 1

It's all Apple... the iMessage screws things up... I think we should have a class action against Apple... the fact that they don't want us to stop using their products is sickening

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ml54643,

I am sorry to hear of your troubles since changing devices. We certainly don't want you to not be able to text certain friends. Previous Android users with this issues state that removing the Imessage feature from your Apple ID should resolve these problems. What steps have you been provided thus far? We want to make sure to not make you repeat any. Please fill us in and I am sure that we can resolve this together.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ml54643

First I tried,

Resetting the phone, backed up all info to cloud, and started from square one.

That didn't work so I contacted HTC and they suggested,

Checking for updates manually1. Slide the Notifications panel open, and then tap the settings button on the top right part (the one that has an engine icon). 2. Tap Software update > Check new. After that, we will erase the cache data from the sms application, to do this, please on your phone go to: Settings > Apps > All > Messaging > Clear Cache (it’s very important that you select this option and NOT the one that says clear data, because clear data will erase your sms history).

That didnt work so I tried,

I advise you to boot your phone in Safe Mode. This method will load your phone with only the operating system, meaning that all third party applications will be temporarily disabled. This will help us to make sure that this behavior is not being caused by a third party application. To boot into Safe Mode, turn your HTC DROID DNA off and push down the power button. As soon as the screen with HTC appears hold the volume down button until you see the words safe mode in the bottom left hand corner.Once it is in Safe Mode, please try to send messages and if possible, have someone send you a message. If the messages come through, then this behavior is caused by one of your applications, therefore, uninstalling them one by one would be the step to follow.

That didn't work and they said to contact my carrier.

0 Likes
meddler
Enthusiast - Level 1

Turn off iMessage. You'll have to log into your apple account online since you don't have your iPhone. iMessage is awful and always messes things up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're unable to receive message from iPhone users mI54643. How does messaging work if they disable iMessage? This is not a know reported issue from your phone model. Have you tried a hard reset?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
ml54643

Good Morning,Yes I have tried a hard reset, and I've tried my phone in safe mode as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello ml54643,

I wanted to reach out to you to see if the suggestion provided resolved your issue with messages. As a fellow iPhone user, I'm confident that together we can get this resolved for you. What happens when you turn iMessage off? Also, have the numbers that texted you erased the text thread & started a new text conversation? If not then I would suggest doing so & retest.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes