Issues with my Motorola RAZR HD
mengel1993

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/I have been having issues with my phone and would appreciate help!

When texting, sometimes my keyboard just disappears and it takes what seems like forever to show back up.  It also seems to take a long time to actually send a text.  Finally, it doesn't always "ring" when a text comes in.

When connected to my car's bluetooth, it suddenly drops the call back to the phone and sometimes picks it back up.

Very occasionally, it doesn't seem to ring for a regular phone call.  I missed a phone call from my kid's dr! Luckily I saw there was a message.

I went to the Verizon store twice.  First time we thought it could be the SD card.  So we took that out.  My FIL checked it, said it was not corrupted.  Didn't bother putting it back in.  Also taking it out did not solve any of the issues.

Second time, the guy told me I should power down for a few minutes a day.  Which would be fine if I remembered to do that.  Would this really help?

I am so frustrated.  I want to throw the phone out of the window!

thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Issues with my Motorola RAZR HD
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mengel1993,

I can imagine how this can be frustrating. We don't want any phones thrown out the window. Let's work on this together. Please run your phone in Safe Mode http://vz.to/1Db0w1y. This will advise us if it is an application that is causing the issue. Please keep us posted.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mengel1993

I put it in Safe Mode.  It seems to have stopped the "losing my keyboard" issue.

Should I uninstall ALL of the apps I have added?  And then re-add them carefully?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's great news, mengel1993. You don't need to uninstall them all at once, but I would recommend uninstalling the last few applications you downloaded or updated and testing it out of safe mode. You can uninstall one or two at a time until you discover the issue is gone without Safe Mode being active to narrow it down.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

I would first recommend doing a Cache wipe.  A Cache wipe will clear out any orphaned code that could be read along the way. It cleans up the system so it does not get confused

1. 1. With the phone powered off, press the VOL UP + VOL DOWN KEY together + POWER KEY .
  2. 2. The device will display different BOOT OPTIONS
  3. 3. Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL to Recovery and VOL UP Key to SELECT

Tip: If the device reboots, you may have waited to long to make a selection, you will need to begin the process again.
  4. 4. The device will display the Motorola logo and then the Android in distress ( logo with Exclamation mark).
  5. 5. Press and hold the VOL UP key, then press and release the POWER key.
  6. 6. The device will display additional menu options (Text will appear in BLUE).
  7. 7. Use the VOL DOWN key to scroll to wipe cache partition (bottom entry) and then press the POWER key to SELECT this option.
  8. 8. The device will then perform the partition wipe, AUTOMATICALLY REBOOT, and start the normal power up sequence.

0 Likes