Issues with my Galaxy S5?
lolstephanie

Hey everyone. So I just got the galaxy s5 about a month ago, or a little longer. Its been fine up until now.

I've had numerous issues-games are freezing, email stopped syncing, lock screen delays, etc. However, recently I've run into my most troubling problem. My phone is having a difficult time sending messages, as well as detecting that I've read them. For example, after I get a notification that I have a message, I open it, respond to it, etc., but the little envelope on my notification screen doesn't go away and there's a "1" next to my messages icon on my homescreen. Basically, its saying that I have an unread message when I don't.

Any solutions to any of the issues? I'm getting frustrated as this shouldn't be happening with a phone that's 1 month old..

Thank you in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Issues with my Galaxy S5?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@lolstephanie

I want you to be able to enjoy your newly purchased Samsung Galaxy S 5!  I would love to assist with resolving your device issues.

When did the problems with the device start?  Had you recently received any device updates or application updates just before this started happening?  Have you tried soft resetting the device by removing and reinserting the battery? http://vz.to/1n4bsq0  Let me know so that I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lolstephanie

The problems started about a week ago, maybe a little less. I have not received any device updates, and I have tried soft resetting the device. It didn't help. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello lolstephanie!

I'm sorry to learn that the softreset didn't help with your S5. Let's try something else OK? Please remove the SIM card from the device for about 60 seconds, then reattach and monitor.

Can you also provide me with some details about what is going on with the S5? Any information will help us find a resolution.

Thank you,

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support

0 Likes
lolstephanie

I am unable to remove the SIM card as it seems to be stuck and is really difficult to move. I don't want to break it, so unless I take it to a Verizon store I cannot remove it.

Basically, the major issue that I'm having is my messages sometimes don't send for a while, I know this isn't a network issue because it has happened in multiple places like home, school, work, etc. Sometimes they send right away, sometimes they take up to 5 minutes to send.

Also, after I get a notification that I have a message, I open it, , but the little envelope on my notification screen doesn't go away and there's a "1" next to my messages icon on my home screen. Basically, its saying that I have an unread message when I don't. This will randomly go away after a while, but it just frustrates me that it is happening on such a new phone, and makes me wonder what issues I'll run into in the future.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your concern, lolstephanie. The SIM removal can be easy, you can refer to the steps in this link for assistance if you would like: http://vz.to/1kxscoG Have you noticed if your messages won't send to a certain contact? When they are taking longer to send, does your phone show service?

AndreaS_VZW

0 Likes