Re: Issues after upgrading Droid DNA to 4.2.2
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No need to leave just because you have a slow device Barmeezee! We definitely have options. Have you deleted all messaging threads? Have you checked storage/memory allowance on the device? Are you using any third party messaging applications? Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
fhajjat

Hi Matthew,

I did all what you guys suggested and nothing has worked. I decided to go to verizon for help because the phone is really frustrating but they couldnt do anything because my warranty has expired. They asked me to either extend my warranty by paying 4 dollars a month (but explained there is nothing they can do but test it), or wait until Im due for an upgrade which is a year from now. I spent 30 mins waiting for my turn in the store and thats all they did. Oh, and they also tried hard to sell me other things. Honestly, I dont blame Barmeezee for wanting to leave. 

0 Likes
9m2e

<< Duplicate post.  Please see for original post and any replies >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to see that you're still having issues with your DNA, fhajjat. I have a DNA as well and previously had some SIM card issues. Have you ever had the SIM card exchanged? What worked for me was actually having the SIM card tray replaced by HTC 866-449-8358. They were able to replace this while under warranty, I'm not sure if there is a charge after the warranty expires. With your messages, does it take a long time to open every message, or the first time you open the messages? Did your phone run faster after safe mode?

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jonger1150

This bug was introduced on the 4.2.2 update and there is NOTHING Verizon can do. Its not unique to your phone, everyone who upgraded to 4.2.2 got hit with this plague. My wife and I are possibly going to ebay these and get the HTC ones if its not fixed on the Kit Kat update, I can't take it much longer.

0 Likes
charityblue
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue. I bought my phone in Dec 2013 it asked me to do the update and I said no well later that day it automatically provisioned the update in Feb. I had no issues with my phone until the update. I immediately for SIM card error messages and the texting is so slow. You have to wait for your message to clear before you can send another one. Also I had the door to the charging port break off. I've been with Verizon for several years and never had any issues with phones or service. I still have my droid x that is beat up and it is faster than this phone. I wish I had upgraded to a different phone.

0 Likes
Char1ieJ

I have to agree. Texting is now slower than before the update.

0 Likes
charityblue
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well I am now on my 2nd replacement and also a new update came out to

replace jelly bean with kit Kat and it's not as bad but then again I don't

have my original device that had the issue either. I've only had this one

about a week and no issues as of yet.

0 Likes
PatelSLTX
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having texting issues and connectivity issues as well. When sending texts, I constantly get SMS errors. My friends report to me that though I get the SMS errors that state the message wasn't delivered, they receive as many as 2-6 repeat texts, though I only sent it once. Also, my internet is constantly trying to connect but isn't able to.

I did not have these issues prior to the KitKat update. I've followed all the tips on clearing cache, used Safe mode, and even hardware reset my phone. Nothing seems to work, as everytime I'm updated to KitKat, these issues come back. Please advise me on how to continue, I would hate to have to leave and join another carrier due to these simple issues...

0 Likes