Issues after upgrading Droid DNA to 4.2.2
dukesap

Since receiving the OTA update to 4.2.2 (Software version 3.06.605.4) on my Droid DNA, my Messages app is extremely slow. I'll hit send and sometimes it takes up to 30 seconds to send a message. And receiving messages is also painstaking slow sometimes as well. Most other apps behave much in the same way as they did before the update with regard to performance, but the Messages app is much much slower and it is very frustrating. Is there any planned future OTA update to fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Issues after upgrading Droid DNA to 4.2.2
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dukesap,

Wow! I know I depend on my text messages more than anything else on my phone. So let's see what we can do to get this back up and running like it use to before the update. Are you using the defult text messaging application on the phone, or a third-party one from the Google Play store? Let's try this, Go into your Settings, Tap on Apps, Slide the screen to the left to get to the "ALL" section, Scroll to the "Messages" icon and tap on that, from here tap on Force Stop, Clear Data, and Clear Cache. Once that is done let's try to send a text message again and see if it goes like normal. Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dukesap,

Wow! I know I depend on my text messages more than anything else on my phone. So let's see what we can do to get this back up and running like it use to before the update. Are you using the defult text messaging application on the phone, or a third-party one from the Google Play store? Let's try this, Go into your Settings, Tap on Apps, Slide the screen to the left to get to the "ALL" section, Scroll to the "Messages" icon and tap on that, from here tap on Force Stop, Clear Data, and Clear Cache. Once that is done let's try to send a text message again and see if it goes like normal. Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
librariansue

Hi Kevin,

I'm equally un-blessed with the super slow droid DNA text messaging and I have to say it is AWFUL. Texting is my primary mode of communication and the 20-30 second delay on every single message is the pits; when you press send the message even disappears for the duration of the time it takes to send, so it looks like it disappeared.  The previous OS did not do that- it was very fast.  If I had to choose again I would never have upgraded.  The other thing is texting is so slow I have had a problem where I sent to the wrong person-- I chose one person's name and typed away and sent  under the name I wanted but apparently I was too fast and the phone sent to the person I had texted right before that.  Never had that happen before.  It also often does not show the most current message on the little messages summary- it sometimes will show 1 or 2 messages previous until you actually open up the specific thread not cool. It wastes time. 

BTW I tried the actions you suggested and they had zero effect.  I officially hate 4.2.2.  Can you make it go away? Can i go to a Verizon store and have them kick me back to the previous version? Because if I hate it enough to bother jumping on this list to complain, trust me, it's a big deal. I used to like my phone and be happy with your service but they blew it with 4.2.2.  Grrr.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

librariansue,

I totally understand where you are coming for. Text message is the way I reach out to everyone. Are you having the issues with sending messages to people that you have a long thread of conversation with? If you open up a brand new contact and send them a text message does it have a delay in sending? Does it seem you are getting your messages pretty quick to your phone? One more question, are you having any issues with the internet being slow as well?

As for taking the device into the store to have them go back to the old software, we don't have that ability. Once the update is done on the phone there is not a way to go back to the old one, even if we did a factroy reset. Keep me posted with the answers to the questions above. I want to get to the bottom of this ASAP for you.

KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
fhajjat

Hi Kevin,

I, too, am having problems with my Droid DNA after the update. My device in general has become slower with the update but text messaging especially is really annoying now. I tried all what you have suggested on this thread (both times) and nothing changed. Also, after the upgrade my sim card seems to be failing all the time. I would have to restart my device or take out the sim card and put it back in for it to work again (sometimes I have to do it multiple times for it to work). I regret doing the upgrade, Im really starting to dislike my phone.

Hope you can resolve these issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

fhajjat lets get things sped up and the messages flowing! Thanks for keeping us posted of the steps you've already completed and we'll make sure to get this issue resolved for you! Have you tried to run the device in Safe Mode to see if an app is causing the trouble? If not, you can try by http://vz.to/1ey67VG . Also with the sim card, are you receiving a specific error message? Does this happen with a certain activity or randomly?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Beeej55

If t running "better" in safe mode then what APP is the issue?

0 Likes
fhajjat

Hi Kevin,

I havent tried to run it in safe mode, but I will try to do that tonight. But when it comes to the sim card failing it happens frequently and randomly. I'm not sure what the problem is. Is there something I can do to resolve the sim card issue?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Roger that fhajjat! The best option to resolve your SIM Card concerns would be by replacing the SIM Card. Please visit your local VZW Store http://bit.ly/3SdsA for additional assistance, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
Barmeezee

Omfg just today I updated and my phone is awful now slow as ever with messages I'm going to leave verizon

0 Likes