Issue with wifi
Icardimus
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Kyocera Brigadier that has been having issues over the past couple months with the wifi.  For example today I had the wifi on and everything was going fine.  I put the phone on the charger and was going about my day.  I went back and picked it up to check something and was going to turn on wifi and it would not work.  I go to settings and try to move the slider and it will move to the on position, but will still be shaded out and the wifi will not work.  I can hold the power button and choose to restart the phone and it will work, but it should not be doing this.  Anyone have an idea of what is causing this or how to fix it?  Thanks

Labels (1)
Re: Issue with wifi
Realmccoy2117
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same phone.  I have had three phones in less than two months because of the WiFi issues with this junk phone.  I'm sick of it!  I'm using my data right now because my WiFi won't work.  I want to just get a different brand of phone all together.  I told them that I would be glad to pay the difference to just get a different phone but they insist that I stay with this.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Realmccoy2117 we never want you to be using data, because your phone is not working properly. When did the issue begin with the current phone? Were there any recent changes to the phone, like a software update? Does this issue happen with any WiFi network that you try to connect to?
RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Realmccoy2117
Enthusiast - Level 2

Recent changes, just started using this new phone (the third one) and the WiFi shows a full signal and just sits there loading.  Sometimes eventually it will load but most of the time it will say lost signal.  It will show a full signal and when you go into settings and look at the WiFi it will say the WiFi that I'm connected to is out of range, and I can be sitting right next to the box.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

This problem didn't start to happen after a system update, did it? I see this periodically on a Note 4, although it appears to be related to patches and software pushed out by Play Services.

0 Likes
Realmccoy2117
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, didn't happen after update.  My first phone wouldn't even hook up to WiFi.  The next two did this draught out of the box.  I've been using this phone for  two weeks.  I have never had this problem with and phone that I have ever had.

0 Likes
Realmccoy2117
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone is still having issues and after two days of talking with Verizon and being told I would get out of this brand of phone all together without having to pay off this phone that I had for less than two months.  Actually the third phone in less than two months, I was transferred to another person and they told me that I would have to pay full price for this phone then pay for another phone.  I asked to talk to someone higher up and they said I would get a call later that day and I never did.  The big problem here is you never get to deal with the same person and have to start from the beginning every time you call in.  I'm sick of this company already and I've only been back with then fit two months now.  I can't use my internet much because everything is all on data and that's not cheep.  I don't have time to be sitting on the phone for hours every other day with customer service.  I need unlimited data for no extra charge or a different brand of phone without having to pay for two phones.  I'm gonna be reporting this to the better business bureau real soon!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am disappointed to hear that you have not received the help that you need Realmccoy2117. I am sending you a Private Message for further assistance.
RosVZWeMM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Realmccoy2117
Enthusiast - Level 2

The private message didn't work, when I click on the link it says "error, message may have been deleted"

0 Likes