Issue with backing up contacts to the cloud to transfer to new phone!
Payaml

I currently have a Galaxy S5 which I'm upgrading to Droid Turbo and I was told I can use the Verizon cloud to back up Everything and transfer them over.

However, I have over 1000 contacts for personal and business in there and it looks like the Verizon Cloud had backed up everything with the pictures, videos, music, documents... BUT, when it comes to contacts, it has backed up only 8 of them!!! I need you folks help to know how to back up the rest and if the back up in Google would be sufficient? Also how can I do a count of the total contacts in my phone Vs. my Google account to make sure everything is in there? And lastly, the contacts does give me an option to Export them to the SD card as well. If I do that, would it just copy them to the SD card or completely moves them to the SD from the phone? so that i can use that option as an extra precaution?

Thanks to anyone who can help out with this issue. It is urgent. Appreciate your help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Issue with backing up contacts to the cloud to transfer to new phone!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Payaml-

Upgrading to a new phone is always exciting news! I know I would also be questioning why only some contacts have been backed up from my phone. I trust we can find a solution before you can activate your new Droid Turbo. May I ask if this is the first time you are using The Verizon Cloud app? Where you do you see only 8 contacts have been backed up? is it through the app or online that you see this on your end? Let's work on making sure those contacts are being backed up correctly. Please share details and also confirm if you have logged into your Cloud account at www.vzw.com/cloud to see what exactly has been backed up from your phone. I look forward to working with you soon.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Issue with backing up contacts to the cloud to transfer to new phone!
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

You should change all of your contacts over to google and let google do your backups as the android system was designed. You will have a reliable accurate backup that does not use your data.

0 Likes